[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
BCP Engineers is recruiting for a Reactor Module Engineer (Mechanical) for our client, NuScale, in Corvallis, OR. This is a contract to direct hire position and will require relocation to Corvallis. US Citizenship is required. Job description as below. If you are qualified and interested, please contact BCP. Thank You.
This posting is for a full-time position located in our Corvallis, OR offices. However, may consider some remote working (up to 50%) for highly experience individuals once COVID-19 restrictions are lifted.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Reactor Module (RXM) Design Engineering organization generates technical requirements and associated design parameters for the modular advanced light water reactor (ALWR) nuclear steam supply system (NSSS). Utilizing proven state-of-the-art methodologies Reactor Module components are engineered to nuclear industry standards. The person in this position provides component engineering and manufacturing support in accordance with the ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code and applicable Nuclear Regulatory Requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Generate technical requirements for the modular ALWR nuclear steam supply system components.
2. Prepare and review engineering specifications, drawings, and other documentation that communicate the design and technical aspects of components, systems, and structures associated with the reactor coolant system and nuclear steam supply system. Works on complex tasks in multiple and diverse areas.
3. Compile functional and design requirements into component and assembly design with consideration for system interfaces, manufacturability, serviceability and in-service inspection.
4. Develops manufacturing parameters, tolerances and assembly processes associated with the reactor pressure vessel, pressurizer, steam generator, reactor vessel internals, containment pressure vessel, main steam and feedwater piping, component supports, valves, and control rod drive mechanisms.
5. Understands results from supporting thermal hydraulic and applied mechanics analyses and incorporates them into the component design.
6. Uses results from engineering calculations consistent with the requirements defined in the ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code, Section II, III, XI, and the ASME B31.1 Power Piping Code to optimize component design.
7. Provides mentoring and technical direction to less experienced engineers. Serves as a technical lead for the design of systems, structures, and components. Responsible for results and engineering oversight.
8. Performs other duties as assigned.
CORE COMPETENCIES: To perform the job successfully, the individual should demonstrate competencies in performing the essential functions of this position by performing satisfactorily in each of these competencies.
• Problem solving: Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, gathers and reviews information appropriately. Uses own judgment and acts independently; seeks input from other team members as appropriate for complex or sensitive situations.
• Oral/written communication: Listens carefully and speaks clearly and professionally in all situations. Edits work for accuracy and clarity, Is able to create, read and interpret complex written information. Ability to develop strong interpersonal networks within the organization.
• Planning/organizing: Prioritizes and plans work activities, organizes personal and project timelines and deadlines, tracks project timelines and deadlines, and uses time efficiently.
• Adaptability: Adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent interruptions, changes, delays, or unexpected events.
• Dependability: Consistently on time and at work, responds to management expectations and solicits feedback to improve performance.
• Team Building: Capable of developing strong interpersonal networks and trust within the organization.
• Safety Culture: Adheres to the NuScale Safety culture and is expected to model safe behavior and influence peers to meet high standards.
MINIMUM SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS AND ABILITIES:
• Education/Certification: A minimum of a B.S. degree in Mechanical, Materials or related Engineering from an ABET accredited engineering program. A PE license or eligibility to obtain one is desirable.
• Experience: Minimum of 8 years of relevant professional experience. Specific experience in one or more of the following areas is preferred:
o Control Rod Drive Mechanism (CRDM) design and qualification.
o NSSS Steam Generator (SG) design.
o Knowledge of the ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code, Sections II, III, XI, and B31.1 material, fabrication, pre-and in-service examination.
o Experience with the development and certification of ASME design specifications is preferred.
• Industry Requirements: Eligible to work under Department of Energy 10 CFR Part 810.
• Overall Job Knowledge and Performance: Understanding of engineering concepts, principles, and theories.
• Quality Assurance: Demonstrated understanding and implementation of quality assurance regulations, standards and guidelines of 10 CFR 50 Appendix B, 10 CFR 21, and NQA-1 preferred.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Ability to understand and communicate clearly using a phone, personal interaction, and computers.
• Ability to learn new job functions and comprehend and understand new concepts quickly and apply them accurately in a rapidly evolving environment.
• The employee frequently is required; to sit and stand; walk; bend, use hands to operate office equipment; and reach with hands and arms.
• Ability to travel nationally and locally using common forms of transportation.