[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Are you seeking your next Accounting role within the DOE / Commercial Nuclear markets?
We are seeking a Staff Accountant for a direct hire role with our client, a growing company within the DOE market. This role offers a competitive salary package, plus a comprehensive benefits package with no waiting periods.
The Staff Accountant will report directly to the Chief Financial Officer, perform various accounting, analysis and compliance activities, is familiar with accounting systems and has experience with accounting for a consulting services company with government contracts. The Staff Accountant will reconcile accounts, review expense reports and invoices to customers and other general accounting duties.
- General accounting work
- Review and approve, as appropriate, customer invoices, vendor payments and other transactions
- Investigate reconciling items
- Prepare end of month reports for management and for project managers
- Respond to management questions
- Support management team in determination of indirect rates
- Support contract audit or closeout activities, when necessary
- Perform other duties, as assigned
Required Knowledge & Skills:
- Understanding of government service businesses similar to our client
- Understanding of bookkeeping and accounting theory and techniques
- Understanding of cost accounting and government Federal Acquisistion Regulations (FAR)
- Demonstrated organizational skills, including the ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to provide managers/project managers with accurate financial information and support
- Demonstrated commitment and ability to protect business-sensitive information
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- The right candidate must be able to work collaboratively with the project and accounting teams and support our client's management team.
- The right candidate should be able to juggle multiple projects in a dynamic and schedule-driven environment, while ensuring high quality, accuracy and timeliness of the accounting books and records.
- The right candidate possesses excellent financial, analytical, communication and interpersonal skills and exhibits discretion needed to address/manage business sensitive information.
-The right candidate is willing to participate in required courses and training needed to ensure contract-related policies are understood and met.
College Degree in accounting, business administration or demonstrated equivalent with 5+ years of accounting experience.
If you're interested in this role, please send your resume via email to: