[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
System One is seeking a highly motivated Senior Plant Design Engineer in Bellevue, WA. In this role, you will support the development of advanced Generation IV reactor plants. Candidates must have extensive experience in plant layout design, preferably with nuclear power plant design or construction.
1. Coordinate input and requirements from the Engineering and Project teams to produce layout and arrangement drawings for the Nuclear Island and Balance of Plant
2. Perform basic sizing calculations for buildings constructed of structural steel and reinforced concrete, including seismic response, missile impact, wind, etc.
3. Support plant design cost studies
4. Investigate state of the art construction methods and technology and apply to plant designs
5. Oversee collaboration and partnerships with consulting Architecture/Engineering firms
6. Oversee analyses such as soil structure interaction (SSI)
7. Support upgrades to existing test facilities
Key Qualifications & Skills
1. Education: B.S. degree in Civil engineering or equivalent
2. 15 years of civil/structural design and analysis experience
3. Excellent writing and communication skills
4. Ability to work with minimum direction to solve challenging problems
5. Strong analytical/problem solving skills, creative thinker
6. FEA experience with civil/structural design codes
7. Experience with containment structure design
8. Familiar with state of the art commercial construction techniques
9. Experience with nuclear power plant design
10. Experience with commercial codes and standards such as UBC, ACI 318, AISC 360 and ASCE 7
11. Experience with nuclear codes and standards such as ACI 349, ACI 359, AISC N690, ASCE 4, and ASCE 43.
12. Experience working with a regulator such as the NRC