[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
We are seeking a Deputy Project Manager to support the Critical Infrastructure Recovery and Renewal (CIRR) project to replace old degraded systems and make critical repairs, replacements, and to modernize several critical infrastructure systems, including:
- Electrical Distribution and Standby Power
- Chilled Water Generation
- Underground Distribution Network
- HVAC Systems
- Communications Distribution Network
This DOE 413.3B project is currently in the conceptual phase of design and is approaching itís critical decision 1 (CD-1) independent project review by the DOE. The purpose of this position is to assist the Project Manager with project reporting, project reviews and supporting the required interfaces with Laboratory, DOE and other project stakeholders.
Define project objectives, requirements, and key performance parameters.
2) Develop and document the project baseline.
3) Develop and maintain and manage under configuration control project documentation including 413.3b and deliverables such as design documents, risk registers, and other documents and communicating them to assigned staff, contractors and suppliers.
4) Engage PPPL stakeholders and subject matter experts to identify hazards, potential environmental impacts and coordinates the development of plans and controls for their mitigation throughout the project life cycle.
5) Communicates requirements to members of the project team.
6) Assists in organizing and facilitating aspects of critical decision review preparation.
7) Oversees all aspects of project execution including planning, design, safety, risk, scope, cost and schedule.
8) Identifies project issues, weaknesses, gaps, and adverse trends and implements timely and effective recovery plan(s), when needed.
9) Issues timely and accurate project reports and communicates project performance to PPPL and DOE stakeholders.
10) Communicates and works with project team and PPPL, stakeholders and peers to ensure that interfaces are effectively managed.
11) Ensuring job charges recorded against the project budget are accurate and reasonable.
12) Serves as the Cost Account Manager for assigned scope, including:
o Verifying work progress
o Reporting progress monthly to project team
o Reviewing, analyzing and addressing project variances
o Reviewing Estimate to Complete/Estimate at Completion (EAC/ETC) and developing new estimates, as required
o Initiating timely change requests, as required
13) Other duties as assigned by the project manager.
Bachelor degree project management, engineering or related discipline.
2. 10 years project management experience, Minimum 5 years of experience in support of projects at Department of Energy (DOE) research laboratories.
3. Experience with risk management and analysis.
4. Strong analytical skills and demonstrated ability to make timely, risk informed decisions.
1. Previous experience implementing DOE Order 413.B