[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Quality Assurance Engineer – ASME III- Deadline 7/23/20
Estimated duration- 1 year
♦ Describe the work environment for this assignment:
Approx. 85% of the work will be in an environmentally controlled office space reviewing documents via hardcopy and computer. About 15% may involve leaving the office space to various construction site locations (outside) seeking additional information and or documents.
• Previous ASME Package experience (such as N-5 Data review) or QC (Welding/Mechanical) certifications and experience.
• Familiarity with project planning and monitoring tools and techniques to optimize resource utilization.
♦ Education requirements:
• BS/BA Degree and a minimum of five (5) years’ experience in quality assurance and related fields and preferably hold a P.E. Registration or ASQ certification as a Quality Engineer.
• OR AS/AA Degree and a minimum of 8 years’ experience and preferably hold a P.E. Registration or ASQ Certification as Quality Engineer.
• OR Minimum of ten (10) years’ experience in general quality assurance or equivalent engineering, manufacturing, constructions, and/or installation activities. At least five (5) years of this experience is required in quality assurance, including testing and/or inspection of equivalent manufacturing, construction, and/or installation activities. At least two (2) years of this experience should be associated with the nuclear field.
♦ Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Knowledge and understanding of 10 CFR Part 50, Appendix B QA requirements
• Knowledge and understanding of American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME) Standard NQA-1
• Knowledge and understanding of ASME III Division 1 (i.e., Piping Systems, Containments, Components, Supports) and related ASME Documentation Work / Date Packages
Does this assignment have any physical requirements? Quality Engineer may be required to walk extended distances across the site on uneven surfaces. Quality Engineers will be required to lift and carry boxes/containers of documents weighing up to 25lbs for short distances.
Does this position require unescorted access to the protected area of a nuclear plant? Yes
Estimated Start Date: August 15th
Estimated Duration of Work Assignment (should not exceed 1 year): One (1) year