[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
HukariAscendent is a Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned, Small Business specializing in comprehensive engineering and technical support services associated with commercial nuclear power and US Department of Energy (DOE) nuclear activities.
We are looking for an ENGINEERING SPECIALIST with the following qualifications:
Special Job Requirements:
• Preparing, scheduling, coordinating and monitoring the assigned engineering projects; Monitoring compliance to applicable codes, practices, performance standards and specifications.
• Technical knowledge of related engineering systems, engineering calculations, applications of engineering and construction methods and materials, and engineering application of computers
• Ability to anticipate change and adjust promptly and effectively
• Proven ability to manage multiple work scopes between self-performed work and subcontracted work
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Experience in preparing and reviewing detailed calculations, reports and studies that present technical information in a clear and concise manner
• Experience in providing technical oversight and direction of work performed by craft personnel
• Experience in providing support to the preparation and implementation of work packages for modifications, repairs, or upgrades
Special Training, Certifications, Qualifications, or Licenses:
• Professional Engineer License a plus
• Bachelor's Degree in engineering discipline.
• 7+ years of relevant experience required
• Possess or have ability to obtain a "Q" clearance.
• Previous experience at DOE Environmental Management, DOE Office of Science, NNSA, DOD, U.S. Navy, and/or commercial nuclear power facilities preferred
• Functional with MS Word, Excel and Outlook software
Position Roles and Responsibilities:
• Interface with their functional management on work standards and requirements, lessons learned, work process initiatives, and technical issue resolution.
• Implement the training and qualification processes required by functional management for functional personnel.
• Ensure that technical personnel are trained to the functional procedures.
• Implement company-wide procedures/programs/systems from their respective functional area within the integrated project team.
• Ensure that appropriate requirements flow to project implementing plans, procedures, instructions, and subcontractor documents.
• Identify engineering and technology needs that are required to reduce the risk and uncertainty associated with the program or individual projects.
• Ensure that engineering activities and engineered items comply with applicable federal and state regulatory requirements (e.g., DOE, Environmental Protection Agency, and Tennessee), and apply appropriate industry standards and codes.
• Provide for safety in engineering activities and resulting designs, plans and instructions, via the ISMS process and appropriate engineering safety management programs.
• Verify that adequate functional resources are available and provided to accomplish work scope.
• Conduct management assessments and other appropriate oversight of the engineering and technical functions for their project.
• Provide performance input to the functional organization for technical individuals on their project.
• Provide occasional technical support to other projects and functional group.
Period of Performance:
Award – 07/31/21
FULL TIME, 40 hrs. /wk.
HukariAscendent offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401(k) plan and paid time off.
Opportunities with HukariAscendent change frequently. For a complete listing of our current openings, please visit our website at: https://www.hukari.com.
HukariAscendent is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.