[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Sr Licensing Engineer
Duration: 16 months
Remote (80%) and Wilmington, NC, USA (20%)
Role Summary / Purpose
Provide senior licensing engineers working under the direction of GEH Regulatory Affairs to assist in the preparation, review, and submittal of BWRX-300 pre-application licensing submittals, and to support GEH Regulatory Affairs interactions with NRC Staff during the BWRX-300 pre-application NRC review and approval processes.
Support preparation and submittal of Licensing Topical Reports (LTRs) for BWRX-300 pre-application licensing activities with input from the BWRX-300 Project Team.
Support preparation and conduct of technical and licensing presentations to the NRC Staff regarding pre-application licensing activities and NRC review of submitted LTRs.
Coordinate and attend BWRX-300 meetings with the NRC as directed.
Prepare and review responses to NRC Requests for Additional Information (RAIs), as well as other correspondence and licensing submittals from GEH to the NRC, as directed.
Prepare and review responses for correspondence from the NRC to GEH as directed.
Qualifications / Requirements
Bachelors degree in engineering, scientific discipline, or other related technical fields.
Ten years or more interacting with NRC Staff on behalf of nuclear power plant license applicants and license holders.
Experience in preparation of licensing submittals to the NRC, and facilitation of NRC reviews and approvals in support of nuclear power plant license applications.
Experience in 10CFR50 licensing processes, including Preliminary Safety Analysis Report, responses to NRC questions, and Final Safety Analysis Report preparation and submittal.
Specific experience in NRC regulations and regulatory guidance in one or more of the following technical areas:
- Reactor fuel design and core management requirements
- Reactor pressure vessel and ASME Class 1 valve design requirements
- Emergency core cooling system design requirements, including 10CFR50.46 Evaluation Model development requirements
- Dry containment design, including containment isolation requirements
- Evaluation of normal operation, anticipated operational occurrences, and design basis accidents, including transient and accident analysis and acceptance criteria requirements
- Underground safety-related structural design requirements
- Onsite and offsite radiological dose analyses
- Emergency planning zone development
Additional Desired Characteristics
Previous experience with GEH, including ABWR or ESBWR licensing activities, highly desired.
Previous experience with Small Modular Reactor licensing activities preferred.
Ability to primarily work remotely and meet deliverable schedules, with on-demand support of travel to Wilmington, NC office and other locations including NRC Headquarters or customer sites in support of BWRX-300 licensing activities.