[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
System One has an immediate need for a MTE Instruments Technician - Level B at Browns Ferry Nuclear Plant in Decatur, AL
• M&TE experience post calibrating test equipment, handling cyber security requests and
issuing test equipment is a mandatory attribute to this job posting.
• Plans, schedules, conducts, or coordinates detailed phases of MTE instrumentation technical work.
• Performs independent work involving the technical design of instrumentation MTE concepts and practices.
• This includes a variety of complex features such as conflicting technical requirements, suitability of materials and difficult coordination issues.
• Work requires a broad knowledge of precedents in the specialty area and a good knowledge of practices of related area.
• Acts as a fully competent MTE technician in all conventional experience aspects of the subject matter of the functional area of assignments.
• Plans and conducts work requiring judgment in the independent evaluation, selection and substantial adaptation and modification of standard techniques, procedures and criteria.
• Devises new approaches to problems encountered.
• Requires sufficient professional experience to ensure competence as a fully trained worker.
Education and Experience/Certificates, Licenses, and Registration Requirements/Other Requirements
• Supervisory responsibilities: may direct or coordinate the work of technicians and others who assist in specific assignments.
• Associates degree from an accredited curriculum or equivalent.
Must be able to obtain and maintain unescorted nuclear plant access and s-3 and s-4 medical qualifications when applicable. Must be able and willing to assume on-call rotational assignments which may include 24 hours-a-day, 7 days-a-week availability. Must be willing and medically able to work rotating shifts and maximum overtime permitted by tvan procedures during peak periods. Must be able and willing to travel to plant locations as required when performing assigned tasks and, as necessary, to be temporarily assigned to a field location.