[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Advisory Engineer-Project Engineer
RFQ Number 528821
3 Years, No options
US Citizenship Required: Yes
Advisory Engineer-Project Engineer
Provide staff augmentation support to SRNS. Integrate and manage engineering activities for assigned projects
by assisting in establishing design criteria, resource forecasts, schedules, and priorities. Provide project
management tools and methods to assigned projects and support development of future projects. Manage
project tasks and deliver results for cost and schedule of those tasks.
Engineering services shall be provided using SRNS processes and procedures. Programmatic guidance will be
provided by SRNS.
Education: BS Degree in Engineering or current registration as a Professional Engineer
Candidate must demonstrate a minimum of 12 years design experience in the nuclear or process chemical industry. It is preferred the candidate demonstrate a minimum of 5 years of experience working at one or more DOE facilities. Candidate must demonstrate a minimum of 5 years of experience working in a nuclear industry/facility.
Must have experience with the following:
- Providing overall engineering and design direction, leadership, and management for assigned projects and tasks.
- Integrating engineering resources for assigned projects by assisting in establishing design criteria, resource forecasts, schedules, and engineering tools for engineering tasks.
- Providing administrative guidance to leads and managers.
- Responsibilities for overall management, scheduling, and priority of the tasks and projects assigned.
- Managing the administration, document control, project controls, and quality engineering sections for all assigned projects through section supervisors.
- Resolving conflicts between project direction and technical direction from the functional managers.
- Participating in department and site-wide programmatic issues resolution and quality improvements.
Responsibilities for creating a team through requesting, evaluating, and developing engineering expertise capable of achieving the objectives of the projects assigned.
- Evaluating tasks of subcontractors to ensure design output meets project technical, cost, and schedule objectives.
- Establishing baselines for design activities for all assigned projects and engineering work requests.
- Recommending, to project managers, subcontractor authorizations for new work and changes to baselines.
- Evaluating project cost and schedule variances and implement corrective actions.
- EVMS tools.
- Reviewing cost accounts for procurement of engineered materials.
- Working with diverse teams to deliver results
- Establishing projects' scope of work including assuring that there are firm customer requirements
Must have the following abilities:
-Candidate must be able to perform field walk-downs of the job site for the engineering work being performed. These walk-downs may involve construction sites with uneven surfaces and work in progress, walking for distances over a half mile, climbing ladders to access remote areas, dressing out in protective clothing and environments where a respirator is required.
- Candidate must have the ability to produce quality documents with attention to detail and meeting management defined expectations.
- Candidate must have the ability to coordinate, interface, and communicate with management,
engineering, facility, operations, quality assurance, and test personnel.
- Candidate must have the ability to communicate clear, concise, and accurate reports, evaluations, documents, procedures, reviews, comment resolutions, email, and oral presentations.
- Candidate must have the ability to mentor junior team members and develop their design knowledge.
- Previous SRS Design Engineering experience and working knowledge of SRNS design processes and procedures are preferred.
Work Hours: A 40-hour work week is scheduled. SRNS utilizes various work schedules; including 5/8s (8 hours/day; five days per week), 4/10s (10 hours/day; four days per week), and 9/80s (9 hours/day, five days on week A and 4 days on week B). Workweek excludes SRNS holidays. SRNS Management will determine best schedule depending on work needs. Each workday has a 30-minute lunch.
Area Security Access: Candidate must have the ability to obtain and maintain a DOE “Q” security clearance.
An active DOE clearance is not initially required to perform assigned duties. Afterward, the selected candidate will be notified when to apply for a clearance based on specific work assignments. Candidates who have possessed an active DOE clearance (“L” or “Q”) within the past two years are preferred.
For Immediate consideration, please submit resumes to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
UDR Consulting, INC is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned, Woman-Owned, Minority-Owned, Small Disadvantaged Business. An Equal Opportunity Employer that supports a drug-free work environment.
****** www.UDRConsultinginc.com ******