[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Electrical Engineer with analog design engineering experience needed for long term temporary opening in southwestern VA.
• Supports systems engineering functions such as V&V, FMEA, reliability calculations, commercial grade dedication, and qualification.
• Design of electrical and electronic control systems
• Layout of panels, cabinets, and enclosures using 2D and 3D CAD tools
• Design of analog circuits
• Design of Printed Circuit Boards (PCBs) for use in custom/FOAK products
• Component Safety Classification and Equipment Qualification / Commercial Grade Dedication
• Systems Engineering exercises such as Failure Modes & Effects Analysis (FMEA), Reliability and Availability Analysis, Electrical Load calculations, and Heat Rise calculations.
• Reverse Engineering (hardware and software)
• Configuration Management (both hardware- and software-related)
• Research & Development (R&D) of new products, technologies, and processes
• BS in Electrical Engineering 5+ years industry experience in analog design
• Experience with Integrated circuit CAD tools, circuit simulators, electrical test and characterization, system level requirements, and product development
• Strong understanding of analog circuit design fundamentals and knowledge of semiconductor process technology
• Experience/knowledge in CMOS image sensor readout circuit design.
• Design experience with various analog circuit blocks; amplifiers, oscillators, charge pumps and voltage reference circuits
• Ability to carry a design through the full design cycle including specification, schematic design, simulation, layout, physical extraction, troubleshoot, and hardware testing
• Ability to reverse engineer obsolete analog components
• Ability to work independently
• Ability to utilize laboratory equipment such as Signal Generators, Oscilloscopes, Digital Multimeters, and Power Supplies
• Classroom/Lab experience involving software and hardware integration
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint)
• Experience with Sigma-Delta A/D converters
• Familiarity with the digital circuit design methodologies is a plus
• Experience with IEEE 323,344, and 384 standards
• Experience with Reg Guide 1.75 and EPRI 102323