[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
HukariAscendent is a Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned, Small Business specializing in comprehensive engineering and technical support services associated with commercial nuclear power and Department of Energy (DOE) nuclear activities.
We are looking for a Sr. Safety & Health Specialist with the following qualifications:
* Audits safety programs at all work sites to minimize the potential for injury or other loss.
* Oversees accident investigations.
* Develops and presents recommendations, and advises all levels of management to ensure an optimal balance between productivity and the safety of team members, contractors, and visitors.
* Develops and evaluates safety programs and procedures.
* Responsible for necessary analyses, audits and investigations.
* Provides expert knowledge in applicable Federal, State and local regulations and codes and advises management regarding the impact to the project of proposed changes.
* Provides leadership and technical guidance to less experienced specialists and technicians.
* Perform duties moderately complex in nature.
* Other job related duties as assigned.
* Maintains knowledge of and demonstrates ability to perform work safely in accordance with all approved safety policies, procedures and applicable regulations and performs assigned duties in a safe manner.
* Actively participates in Safety Work Groups.
* BA/BS degree in a related field and 9 years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience is required. Typical experience ranges from 9 - 12 years.
* Intermediate skills in PC skills including Microsoft software.
* Comprehensive knowledge of OSHA, EPA, NRC, DOE and other regulations and guidelines.
Duration: 12 months
HukariAscendent offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid time off.
Opportunities with HukariAscendent change frequently. For a complete listing of our current openings, please visit our website at www.hukari.com
HukariAscendent is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.