[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Edgewater is seeking qualified candidates for Cyber Security Procedure Writer opportunities for our customer in Oak Ridge, TN for the Y-12 National Security Complex. Applicants must be able to obtain and maintain a DOE “Q” clearance.
This is a professional technical writing position within the Information Systems & Services (IS&S) Cyber Security Organization. The responsibilities of the person in this position is documenting cyber security policies, procedures and authorization documentation pertaining to all network and operating environments to include but not limited to:
• Ability to present administrative, technical, and operational information clearly and effectively through the oral and written word as well as diagrams and charts
• Coordinating and ensuring technical requirements of cyber security are appropriately documented and integrated into the overall site security efforts.
• Reviewing and analyzing planned projects and initiatives that may have an impact on the cyber security policies and procedures.
• Evaluating cyber threats, vulnerabilities, and risk to computing resources and clearly communicate into written policies and procedures.
• Researching and documenting security best practices for particular devices, applications, and emerging technologies.
• Evaluating compliance with the organization's security policies and making recommendations for areas of improvement.
• This position requires at a minimum a Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field and 5+ years of relevant experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience including certifications (e.g., SANS Training, CISSP, or other security certifications).
• The successful candidate must have excellent verbal and written communications skills.
• Applicants must be able to obtain and maintain a DOE “Q” clearance.
• Knowledge of federal cybersecurity protection standards and baselines (e.g. NIST Cybersecurity Framework, NIST 800 series Special Publications, DoD STIGs, CNSSI 1253, DOE SD 205.1, DOE O 205.1).
• Ability to develop and update cybersecurity policy documents, system security plans, baselines and threat models for deployment and risk acceptance decisions.
• Strong teamwork skills, including interaction with end users and operations personnel, in a service-oriented environment.
• Understanding of networking technologies and protocols.
If you are interested in being considered for this position and your resume clearly outlines your relevant experience for this position, please follow the application steps via our website www.Edgewatertech.net/careers.
If your qualifications match our position requirements you will be contacted and provided additional details. Edgewater will not submit your resume without first having detailed discussions with you and obtaining your permission to do so.
We look forward to hearing from you!
WORKING WITH EDGEWATER
Edgewater offers the opportunity to structure benefit packages to best suit your needs. We offer multiple individual and family benefit options including paid time off, medical, dental, life, vision, and disability insurance, and a pre-tax 401(k) retirement account with Company matching contributions and 100% vesting for eligible participants beginning on DAY 1.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Edgewater is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected Veterans, or individuals with disabilities.