[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
HukariAscendent is a Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned, Small Business specializing in comprehensive engineering and technical support services associated with commercial nuclear power and Department of Energy (DOE) nuclear activities.
We are looking for ARCHITECTS with the following qualifications:
Provide architectural staff augmentation support to SRNS. Primary responsibilities include analysis of existing facilities and space planning; development of design criteria, facility conceptual design, and construction drawings; fire protection design including fire barriers and penetration seals; coordination with structural, civil, mechanical, and electrical disciplines; materials research and specification development; building code research, analysis, and compliance; preparation of CSI specifications; vendor document reviews, construction oversight, and project closeout.
Architectural services shall be provided using SRNS processes and procedures. Programmatic guidance will be provided by SRNS.
BS Degree in Architecture and 10 years relevant work experience. Architectural Registration is preferred.
The following experience/skills are required for this position:
1. Industrial experience in facility layout design for industrial type equipment and manufacturing.
2. Commercial practice experience
3. Familiarity with National Codes and Standards such as IBC, AISC, AWS, NFPA, OSHA, CFR and ABA.
4. Working knowledge of NFPA Life Safety Code 101
5. Knowledge of preparation of Construction Specification Institute (CSI) formatted specifications.
6. Passive Fire Protection Design Skills – Fire Barriers/Penetration Seals
7. Working knowledge of MicroStation CADD (AutoCAD experience with willingness to learn MicroStation is acceptable.)
The following experience/skills are preferred but not required for this position:
1. Facility security architectural experience.
2. Familiarity with cost estimating and quantity takeoffs.
Area Security Access:
Candidate must have the ability to obtain and maintain a DOE “Q” security clearance. An active DOE clearance is not initially required to perform assigned duties. Afterward, the selected candidate will be notified when to apply for a clearance based on specific work assignments. Candidates who have possessed an active DOE clearance (“L” or “Q”) within the past two years are preferred
3 years, no options
HukariAscendent offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid time off.
Opportunities with HukariAscendent change frequently. For a complete listing of our current openings, please visit our website at www.hukari.com.
HukariAscendent is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.