[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Field Radiological Engineer I
Bachelor’s degree in health physics or related technical discipline (preferred)
5 years’ experience in the nuclear industry with at least 2 years’ experience directly involving leadership such as supervisor, manager, or lead role.
PRIOR TRAINING OR QUALIFICATIONS
• ABHP certification is desirable.
• NRRPT registration and/or prior RPT experience is advantageous
• Prior DOE experience involving hazardous material handling is desirable.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• The Field Radiological Engineer (FRE) is delegated responsibility, authority, and accountability by project Field Radiological Protection Manager for the implementation of UCOR radiation safety policies, procedures and programs including the implementation of the Radiological Protection Program (RPP) on assigned projects.
• In this capacity the FRE directly supports execution of project work scope as assigned and provides oversight to ensure compliance with applicable regulations, DOE Orders and appropriate incorporation of industry best practices and acts in support of project ALARA initiatives.
• The FRE functions as a technical contributor to the Project Team and the Radiological Protection functional discipline.
• Support Project Team and FRPM as assigned in executing project work scope. Assist the Project Team with health physics aspects of planning and executing radiological work scopes.
• Review planned work to ensure that all significant radiological aspects, including regulatory requirements, have been identified and controls implemented as required.
• Provide technical direction to Project Team, technical support to project planners, and coordinate the deployment of radiological protection technicians as necessary to meet project needs.
• Conduct day-to-day field oversight of work activities to ensure that work is performed in accordance with established radiological requirements.
• Oversee the project implementation of radiological work permits (RWPs) and ensure compliance with all permit limiting conditions and requirements, including monitoring and sampling.
• Interface with craft, other disciplines, and other Project Team members and subcontractors as required and communicate with project and functional management any commitments or issues requiring resolution.
• Assist FRPM with tracking of project-level ALARA objectives and targets in support of UCOR company-level ALARA goals.
• Integrate radiological protection controls with other craft and discipline requirements in collaborative work planning.
• Stay abreast of contract and subcontract requirements as they pertain to project radiological work scope.
• Participate in incident investigation, causal analysis, and corrective action planning as delegated by the FRPM.
• Promptly report all radiological incidents (e.g., spills, personnel contaminations, contamination spread incidents) to project FRPM and functional management.
• Serve on Emergency Operations Center Cadre as assigned.
• Participate in subcontract formation teams and work planning teams for work activities having significant radiological aspects.
• Comply with other responsibilities outlined in UCOR policies, procedures, and program descriptions.
• Supervise other Radiological Protection personnel and/or staff
• Report to the Field Radiological Protection Manager.
• Function in direct support of assigned organization’s or project’s radiological/ALARA performance.
• Communicate regularly to project team and FRPM on assigned responsibilities and any performance or compliance issues.
• Approve work control documents and radiological work permits as delegated by the FRPM for work activities with radiological aspects.
• Advise and consult with RPT Supervisors and RPTs where they have been assigned responsibility for radiological work support.
• In conjunction with other assigned project personnel, approve waste determinations as either radiological waste or suitable for release.
For persons with disabilities: If you require assistance completing, or are unable to complete the online resume/application process, please contact:
Human Resources @ (803) 644-0070
Mon. - Fri. 9am - 4pm
237 High Gate Loop
Aiken, SC 29803
Value Added Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and supports a drug-free work environment.