[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
HukariAscendent is a Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned, Small Business specializing in comprehensive engineering and technical support services associated with commercial nuclear power and Department of Energy (DOE) nuclear activities.
We are looking for a Nuclear Safety Engineer with the following qualifications:
Perform Unreviewed Safety Question Determinations for Hazard Category 2 and 3 nuclear facilities.
• Develop safety basis documentation for less than Hazard Category 3 (Radiological) Facilities to include: hazard identification through facility walk-downs, review of historical documents and interviews; facility radiological characterization in accordance with DOE-STD-1027; facility chemical hazard classification in accordance with UCOR procedures; calculations to estimate radiological material holdup based on contamination survey data; hazard analysis techniques; control development for inventory and activities to ensure facility characterization and classification limits are not exceeded.
• Develop, revise or provide technical guidance for safety basis documents for less than HC-3, HC-3 and HC-2 facilities including Hazard Identification and Hazard Analysis as needed.
• Perform periodic reviews and updates of Safety Basis (SB) documents as listed above.
• Other NFS related activities as directed by the Project or Functional Management.
B.S. in Nuclear, Chemical, or Mechanical Engineering or other Engineering or related discipline.
• At least 5 years of DOE nuclear facility experience. Commercial nuclear experience will be considered.
• At least 5 years of experience in the development, maintenance, and use of (and compliance with) 10 CFR 830 safety basis documentation.
• Completion of DOE USQD training (10 CFR 830 subpart B; Section 830.203; and DOE G 424.1-1) is desired.
Duration: Award through 12/31/2021
HukariAscendent offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid time off.
Opportunities with HukariAscendent change frequently. For a complete listing of our current openings, please visit our website at www.hukari.com.
HukariAscendent is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.