[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
IV&V Technical Writer
(Remote, Home Based)
Contract Duration: September 2020 – July 31, 2020
POSITION SUMMARY: The Independent Verification & Validation (IV&V) Technical Writer performs project specific activities such as analysis, evaluation, and document development. Reporting to the IV&V Manager, the IV&V Technical Writer works daily with team members to gather requirements, develop systems level documents and perform reviews within timelines necessary to adhere to the overall project schedule.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• IV&V Technical Writer coordinates with the configuration engineers, design engineers, and software system engineers to ensure that Client system level documents are developed accordance to Client plans and procedures.
• Will be expected to independently coordinate and solicit multiple customers and stakeholder input.
• Will be expected to have strong technical writing abilities and be able to completely develop and/or review system level plans, requirements, design and test documents within a configuration managed environment.
• Will need to read, understand and implement document templates, style guides and programmatic controls.
• Ensures that system level documents are evaluated/reviewed via workflows as required.
MINIMUM SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS AND ABILITIES:
• Education: Bachelor's Degree in engineering or other technical discipline is preferred.
• Experience: Experience in the following areas required:
• A minimum of five years of experience documenting and developing stakeholder and business needs into requirement specifications.
• Experience in the development lifecycle of digital systems.
• Experience in stakeholder needs derivation
• Experience in requirements engineering
• Experience with Systems Engineering principles
• An understanding of IBM Rational Tools such as DOORs Next Generation, Microsoft Word, Visio, Excel is required.
• Understanding of system, software, and hardware engineering concepts, principles, and theories. Working knowledge of Systems Engineering, Tool Qualification and other product life cycle is required.
• Experience with IEC 29148 and IEC 15288 is preferred.
• Industry Requirements: Eligible to work under Department of Energy 10 CFR Part 810.
• Quality Assurance: Demonstrated understanding of quality assurance regulations, standards and guidelines. Prefer 10 CFR 50 Appendix B, 10 CFR 21, and NQA-1 2008/2009 is preferred.
CORE COMPETENCIES: To perform the job successfully, the individual should demonstrate competencies in performing the essential functions of this position by performing satisfactorily in each of these competencies.
• Planning/organizing: Prioritizes and plans work activities, organizes personal and project timelines and deadlines, tracks project timelines and deadlines, and uses time efficiently.
• Problem solving: Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, gathers and reviews information appropriately. Uses own judgment and acts independently; seeks input from other team members as appropriate for complex or sensitive situations.
• Oral/written communication: Listens carefully and speaks clearly and professionally in all situations. Edits work for accuracy and clarity; is able to create, read and interpret complex written information.
• Adaptability: Adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent interruptions, changes, delays, or unexpected events.
• Dependability: Consistently on time and at work, responds to management expectations and solicits feedback to improve performance.
• Team Building: Capable of developing strong interpersonal networks and trust within the organization.
• Safety Culture: Adheres to the Client Safety culture and is expected to model safe behavior and influence peers to meet high standards.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Ability to understand and communicate clearly using a phone, personal interaction, and computers.
• Ability to learn new job functions and comprehend and understand new concepts quickly and apply them accurately in a rapidly evolving environment.
• The employee frequently is required; to sit and stand; walk; bend, use hands to operate office equipment; and reach with hands and arms.
• Ability to travel nationally.
Disclaimer: Employee(s) must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation efficiently and accurately without causing significant safety threat to self or others. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employee(s) assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required of all employees in this classification.
Empyrean Services is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other protected status.