[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Edgewater is seeking qualified candidates for a Technical/Procedure Writer opportunity for our customer in Richland, WA to support the Hanford Site.
Title: Electrical Utilities Technical/Procedure Writing Support
Close Date: 9/21/2020
Work Location / Potential Access Requirements: Work location is 2101M building, 200 East Hanford, Room 107. With BTR direction, other locations may be used.
Provide on-site support to the MSC Electrical Utilities (EU) Department in support of facility programs. Also this position will be responsible for supporting and implementing practices for compliance with obligations contained in DOE contract Number DE-AC06-08RL-14728 (MSC contract), Washington State and Federal regulatory requirements.
Due to the required experience of the Subcontractor in the aforementioned, this person will also provide EU with senior-level engineering SME support.
DESCRIPTION OF WORK – SPECIFIC
This position is responsible for supporting the development and maintenance of procedures (both business control and technical) and other documents originating from within EU. The selected candidate will perform the following:
• Function as an Electrical Utilities procedure writer within the MSAPS.
• Support subject matter experts and technical authorities in the development and release of business control and maintenance procedures as assigned.
• Facilitate the periodic reviews of EU procedures and live editing during review meetings, as necessary.
• Support the development and release of other EU documents and reports as assigned.
• Other administrative tasks as assigned including reporting, organizing, charting, analyzing, or communicating.
• AS/AA degree.
• Two years of writing and editing procedures or other related experience.
• Microsoft Word proficiency.
• PPA Certification
• Procedure development in maintenance, operations, or industrial field.
• Computing experience in writing or procedure-related platforms or applications.
• Ability to construct short, sharp, and strong sentences.
• Ability to comprehend technical discussions and translate into written concepts.
• Excellent communication skills and able to prioritize and coordinate multiple tasks.
• Knowledge and experience in writing and editing procedures for facilities subject to U.S. Department of Energy Order 422.1, Conduct of Operations, and related standards.
• Microsoft Excel, Visio or other application proficiency including ability to produce graphical representations on a computer.
• Ability to work independently and within teams including documenting SME analysis or details.
Site Access and Work Hours
Hanford personnel at the Hanford Site work a standard 4/10 schedule. The standard work week consist of ten (10) hours of work between 6:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. with one-half hour designated as an unpaid period for lunch, Monday through Thursday.
Work performed outside normal operating hours shall be coordinated and/or approved through the BTR and/or the Contract Specialist prior to performing the work.
If you are interested in being considered for this position and your resume clearly outlines your relevant experience for this position, please follow the application steps via our website www.Edgewatertech.net/careers.
If your qualifications match our position requirements you will be contacted and provided additional details. Edgewater will not submit your resume without first having detailed discussions with you and obtaining your permission to do so.
We look forward to hearing from you!
TOP NOTCH BENEFITS
A comprehensive benefits package is available and can be structured to best suit your needs. Benefits include paid time off, medical, dental, life, vision, and disability insurance, and a pre-tax 401(k) retirement account with Company matching contributions.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Edgewater is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected Veterans, or individuals with disabilities.