[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Principal Criticality Safety Engineer
RFQ Number 536516
US Citizenship Required: Yes
PRINCIPAL CRITICALITY SAFETY ENGINEER
1. Support the SRNS Nuclear & Criticality Safety Engineering organization in the development, review, and implementation of criticality safety documentation for various facilities at the Savannah River Site.
2. Provide technical assistance in developing criticality safety documents and analyses, criticality safety controls, and related technical support documentation.
3. Ensure that the development of criticality safety documentation complies with requirements and as necessary, and applicable controls are implemented in field procedures.
4. Services shall be provided using SRNS processes and procedures.
5. Programmatic guidance will be provided by SRNS.
BS degree in Engineering, Math, or Science. Advanced degrees preferred.
1. Candidate must demonstrate a minimum of 10 years of recent experience in the nuclear/criticality safety industry through support of the Department of Energy (DOE) or the commercial nuclear industry.
2. Alternate combination of education and experience will be considered where candidate has an advance degree.
3. Previous experience with the use and implementation of 10 CFR 830, DOE O 420.1C, and related directives and standards is required.
4. Previous experience in developing, reviewing, and maintaining SRS criticality safety documents is preferred.
5. Candidate must demonstrate personal accountability for facility/project schedules, deadlines, budgets, and the safe performance of work.
6. Demonstrated proficiency in the use of a criticality safety code (MCNP or SCALE) is required.
This is a part-time up to a full-time position. A 40-hour work week is normally scheduled. For part-time work the hours will be agreed to by the reporting SRNS Manager. SRNS utilizes various work schedules; including 5/8s (8 hours/day; five days per week), 4/10s (10 hours/day; four days per week), and 9/80s (9 hours/day, five days on week A and 4 days on week B). Work week excludes SRNS holidays. SRNS Management will determine best schedule depending on work needs. Each workday has an unpaid 30-minute lunch break. Extended work hours and workdays are to be expected with this position. Work is to be performed on-site and not a remote location.
Area Security Access:
Candidate must have the ability to obtain and maintain a DOE “L” security clearance. Supplier shall possess a positive FOCI determination from DOE which includes the “L” security clearance level. An active DOE clearance is not initially required to perform assigned duties. After award, the selected candidate will be notified when to apply for a clearance based on work assignments. Candidate who has had an active “L” or “Q” clearance within the past two years is preferred.
For Immediate consideration, please submit resumes to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
UDR Consulting, INC is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned, Woman-Owned, Minority-Owned, Small Disadvantaged Business. An Equal Opportunity Employer which supports a drug-free work environment.
****** www.UDRConsultinginc.com ******