[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Access Authorization Specialist
Location: Waynesboro, GA
Prefer local candidates.
Please send me your resume in word.
The Access Authorization Specialist is an individual that performs the function of a 10CFR26 Subpart K, Fitness For Duty Authorization (FFDA) Reviewing Official and makes determinations regarding the granting of Construction unescorted access, in accordance with the requirements of project procedures and U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission regulations (10 CFR 26). This position also records and files this information and maintains the security and confidentiality of this information. This position interfaces daily with the various Human Resource departments and the FFD organization.
Create access authorization files for new, incoming personnel. Schedule new, incoming personnel for FFD processing. Compile hard-copy information/paperwork into access authorizations files for all individuals. Enter access authorization information for all individuals in the databases (Empact, CCure, PADS). Provide access authorization files to supervision and fellow Reviewing Officials for determination regarding the granting of FFDA. Perform interviews concerning current employees. Provide face to face customer service. Evaluate Personal History Questionnaires (PHQs) for completeness. Forward completed PHQs to third-party vendor for conducting Background Investigations (Bis) and verifying suitable inquiry. Schedule FFD/BOP training for new, incoming personnel, and reinstatements (as applicable). Designated Subpart K Reviewing Official. Maintain strict confidentiality and security of all access authorization documentation. Perform other duties as may be assigned by Access Group Supervision
Education: High School Diploma or GED required.
Experience: 1-3 years Access Authorization, FFD, Security, Access Control, or related experience preferred
• Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel,
• Must show ability to learn and utilize proprietary databases related to course of work;
Must have strong written and oral communication skills;
• Applies knowledge/skills to complete a variety of day-to-day activities within own area; Responds to standard or routing problems by referring to defined procedure; Works with others to achieve team goals.
• This job description is a general description of essential job functions. It is not intended to describe all duties someone in this position may perform.
• Seeks guidance on issues outside own area knowledge.
• Prioritizes and organizes own work to meet deadlines set by others