[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Our client, a trusted government contractor across multiple DOE sites, is a small business yet has expanded at an accelerating rate in the last several years. They have an excellent reputation and value honesty, integrity, safety, and security above all else. The client specializes in the Nuclear industry including the energy and defense sectors.
The client is in search of a Senior Quality Functional Manager. The candidate must be a leader who has overseen strategic change and demonstrated experience leading transformational changes. An example would entail consolidation and standardization of practices and performance improvements.
This individual will be stationed in Lexington, KY and serve as the serve single point of contact responsible/accountable for fulfillment of contracted Performance Work Statement functions/activities. This individual will interface directly with various stakeholders, including the PPPO organization, Quality Assurance Lead(s), and other PPPO subcontractors, to ensure continuous coordination/communication toward implementation of the PPPO QA program. An ideal candidate will possess demonstrated experience leading transformational changes, for example the consolidation or standardization of practices, performance or improvements.
You will bring:
• Nuclear quality assurance experience
• Audit and surveillance experience
• Supplier oversight experience
• Continuous improvement experience, including issues management, corrective and preventive action
• Excellent time management skills
• Flexible and adaptable
• High energy
• A desire to seek out challenges
Your background should include:
1. Bachelor’s degree in engineering or comparable technical degree
2. At least 15 years of leadership experience in an engineering position, preferably at nuclear facilities, and leading geographically dispersed teams
3. Experience working within an NQA-1 based program, or program within similar requirements.
4. Extensive experience working with DOE Order 411K, 10 CFR 830, Subpart A and NQA-1 at DOE sites.
5. Extensive experience with oversight of QA program implementation – especially that of DOE Contractors’
6. Ability to lead and support audit and surveillance efforts to identify and assess quality issues, deficiencies, and potential non-compliances
7. Demonstrated experience managing teams, including geographically dispersed and matrixed staff
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
1. Expert knowledge of NQA 1 requirements and principles, or similar quality requirements and principles.
2. Demonstrated understanding of DOE Order 141.1D, 10 CFR830 Subpart A
3. Proficient communication skills, both written and verbal
4. Ability to obtain and maintain appropriate DOE security clearance
5. General knowledge of DOE facilities
6. Advanced analytical and writing skills
7. Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe
8. Well-organized, detail-oriented, and able to manage multiple tasks concurrently in a high paced, high pressure environment
9. Ability to use independent judgement for determining course of action
10. Causal analysis experience preferred