[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Our client, a trusted government contractor across multiple DOE sites, is a small business yet has expanded at an accelerating rate in the last several years. They have an excellent reputation and value honesty, integrity, safety, and security above all else. The client specializes in the Nuclear industry including the energy and defense sectors.
The client is in search of an experienced Project Controls professional. In the role you will provide project planning and controls support to scientific and capital/infrastructure projects. You will apply project management and controls practices as applicable during the life cycle of projects from conception to closeout (Program and Project Management for the Acquisition of Capital Assets); (Earned Value Management System).
You will have expert knowledge using project controls systems such as cost processors, scheduling, and reporting tools, and will review production and integrity of cost, schedule, earned value data for developing project reporting data.
Essential Duties will entail:
-Developing project controls work processes, tools, and procedures, including a Work Breakdown Structure dictionary, Organizational Breakdown Structure, and associated Responsibility Assignment Matrix for Control Account Manager (CAM) assignments.
- Monitoring earned value performance data, developing complex data analysis including cost and schedule variance analysis, and prepare recovery or corrective action plans. Coordinating and reviewing risk vetting, reporting, and Estimate at Completion analysis.
- Oversight of production and status of schedule milestones and networks while ensuring integrity and compliance of schedule data using horizontal/vertical traceability methods.
- Identifying cost trends and schedule impacts, use statistical tools to analyze metrics, and report cost, schedule, risk and earned value information at meetings and to management and clients throughout the lifecycle of projects.
- Responsible for integration of all project activities and total work scope for identification and maintenance of project critical path.
- Performing and maintaining baseline change control management processes and logs.
- Preparation and presenting graphic presentations of cost, schedule, scope, risk, and earned value information at general and formal meetings such as Functional Management Reviews, Integrated Baseline Reviews, and Earned Value surveillance reviews.
• Bachelors/advanced degree in a related field or commensurate experience and at least 2 years education and/or related experience in scheduling, planning and control of projects
• Skilled in all foundational aspects of project planning and controls, including planning, budgeting, and scheduling.
• Working knowledge of project reporting requirements for earned value, scheduling technique, risk assessment practices, and modeling.
• Ability to understand and apply project management standards and project controls practices to multifaceted situations.
• Proven ability to manage conflicting priorities and develop strategies that lead to successful completion of tasks.
• Knowledge and experience with Software / Computer Applications (i.e. scheduling systems Primavera P6/MS Project, databases, MS Excel, Deltek Cobra).
• Experience in working on projects or programs throughout all phases: Initiation, Planning, Execution, and Closeout.
• Knowledge of using the EVMS analysis and reporting tool Encore Analytics Empower.