[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in a related engineering discipline (e.g., mechanical, electrical) with 10 years of related work experience or a combination of education and relevant experience deemed acceptable by the customer.
• DOE experience preferred.
• Sound communication skills to effectively interface with internal and external customers.
• Able to work well in the field and take ownership of assigned system equipment mechanical and electrical control systems.
• Able to work with groups to provide overlapping support to other engineers while possibly working on several assigned tasks.
• Able to clearly communicate technical information to non-technical personnel both verbally as well as in writing.
• Able to expand skill set beyond own discipline to include understanding of control systems, interfaces with other electrical, mechanical, and structural systems.
• Able to work in an industrial and construction site environment including walking over uneven surfaces, in the underground mine, and over long distances with periods of standing.
General duties for a Procurement Engineer include:
1) Analyze technical data, original equipment design, manufacturing limitations, supplier capabilities and facilities as well as availability of parts and equipment.
2) Perform evaluations in accordance with NWP/WIPP Engineering procedures; technical specifications; codes such as but not limited to ASME, ASTM, ANSI, IEE, EPRI, and DOE Directives; and designs basis requirements.
3) Revise and evaluate approved parts lists, and appropriate evaluations, documentation, paperwork determination of class (safety or non-safety related) and approvals for procurements of these parts.
4) Support and assist the coordination of activities in support of the material and logistic process. Assist in ensuring the requirements for planned and emergent work, from planning to the execution of work to operations.
5) Assist in developing purchase requisitions, creating scopes of work, acquiring all specifications, procedures and design documentation required for the activity described in the purchase requisitions.
6) Assist Project Engineering Manager or Senior Project Engineer with maintaining project schedule by monitoring schedule progress, coordinating engineering activities to support the schedule, identifying issues to management and recommending actions; actively participates in problem solving.
7) Administer all assigned technical subcontract requirements to include, statement of works, safety requirements, Quality Assurance requirements, Applicable site environmental policy requirements, approval of invoices, and required subcontractor training.
8) Maintain project records and data
9) Represent project team at meetings and in interfacing with other organizations.
For immediate consideration, please submit resumes to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
UDR Consulting, INC is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned, Woman-Owned, Minority-Owned, Small Disadvantaged Business. An Equal Opportunity Employer supporting a drug-free work environment.