[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
USAR0094 – ENGINEERING SPECIALIST – OAK RIDGE, TN – LONG TERM – DUE BY 10/26/20
• Support achievement of line management objectives.
• Provide timely response to project and functional requests, as required.
• Retain and exercise responsibility and accountability to their functional management for technical implementation of their function within the integrated project team.
• Interface with their own functional management on work standards and requirements, lessons learned, work process initiatives, and technical issue resolution.
• Implement the training and qualification processes required by functional management for functional personnel.
• Participate in the assessment process to ensure safe and effective implementation.
• Implement company-wide procedures/programs/systems from their respective functional area within the integrated project team.
• Identify engineering and technology needs that are required to reduce the risk and uncertainty associated with the program or individual projects.
• Ensure that engineering activities and engineered items comply with applicable federal and state regulatory requirements (e.g., DOE, Environmental Protection Agency, and Tennessee), and apply appropriate industry standards and codes.
• Provide for safety in engineering activities and resulting designs, plans and instructions, via the ISMS process and appropriate engineering safety management programs.
• Ensure that technical personnel are trained to the functional procedures.
• Ensure that appropriate requirements flow to project implementing plans, procedures, instructions, and subcontractor documents.
• Provide occasional technical support to other projects and functional group.
• Technical knowledge of related engineering systems, engineering calculations, applications of engineering and construction methods and materials, and engineering application of computers
• Ability to anticipate change and adjust promptly and effectively
• Proven ability to manage multiple work scopes between self-performed work and subcontracted work
• Experience in preparing and reviewing startup test criteria documents and startup test plans and procedures
• Experience in providing technical oversight and direction of work performed by others
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• BS in an Engineering discipline or equivalent (equivalent experience experience defined as demonstrated success at the engineer level)
• 12+ years of relevant experience in developing and performing startup testing in nuclear facilities required
• ASME Test Engineer Certification preferred
• Possess or have ability to obtain a "Q" clearance
• Previous experience at DOE facilities a plus
• Functional with MS Word, Excel and Outlook software