[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Edgewater is seeking qualified candidates for a Electrical Engineer/Engineer Specialist opportunity for our customer in Oak Ridge, TN. Active or ability to obtain a DOE "Q" clearance required.
UCOR works a standard 4/10 schedule, Monday through Thursday unless otherwise specified by Management.
• Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience (equivalent experience defined as demonstrated success at the engineer level)
• Possess or have ability to obtain a "Q" clearance.
• 7+ years experience in electrical systems design, installation, troubleshooting, and repairs/renovations with 13.8KV, 440V, 220-208V, and 110V power distribution systems
• Familiarity with and experience in implementation of NFPA 70 National Electric Code
• Experience in preparing and reviewing detailed calculations, reports and studies that present technical information in a clear and concise manner
• Experience in providing technical oversight and direction of work performed by electricians
• Experience in providing support to the preparation and implementation of work packages for modifications, repairs, or upgrades to electrical systems
• Experience in development of engineering change documentation for changes to existing electrical systems
• Experience with outdoor lighting design for industrial facilities
• Experience specifying or procuring electrical equipment items that are listed, labeled or recognized by a Nationally Recognized Testing Laboratory
• Functional with MS Word, Excel and Outlook software
Special Job Requirements:
• Technical knowledge of related engineering systems, engineering calculations, applications of engineering and construction methods and materials, and engineering application of computers
• Ability to anticipate change and adjust promptly and effectively
• Proven ability to manage multiple work scopes between self-performed work and subcontracted work
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Functional with MS Word, MS Excel and MS Outlook software
• Possess or have ability to obtain a "Q" clearance
• Previous experience at DOE facilities a plus
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Provide technical advice and perform technical functions as directed by their supervisor, line management, project engineer, or Engineering Manager.
• Support achievement of line management objectives.
• Provide timely response to project and functional requests, as required.
• Retain and exercise responsibility and accountability to their functional management for technical implementation of their function within the integrated project team.
• Interface with their own functional management on work standards and requirements, lessons learned, work process initiatives, and technical issue resolution.
• Implement the training and qualification processes required by functional management for functional personnel.
• Participate in the assessment process to ensure safe and effective implementation.
• Implement company-wide procedures/programs/systems from their respective functional area within the integrated project team.
• Identify engineering and technology needs that are required to reduce the risk and uncertainty associated with the program or individual projects.
• Ensure that engineering activities and engineered items comply with applicable federal and state regulatory requirements (e.g., DOE, Environmental Protection Agency, and Tennessee), and apply appropriate industry standards and codes.
• Provide for safety in engineering activities and resulting designs, plans and instructions, via the ISMS process and appropriate engineering safety management programs.
• Ensure that technical personnel are trained to the functional procedures.
• Ensure that appropriate requirements flow to project implementing plans, procedures, instructions, and subcontractor documents.
• Provide occasional technical support to other projects and functional group.
If you are interested in being considered for this position and your resume clearly outlines your relevant experience for this position, please follow the application steps via our website:
If your qualifications match our position requirements you will be contacted and provided additional details. Edgewater will not submit your resume without first having detailed discussions with you and obtaining your permission to do so.
We look forward to hearing from you!
TOP NOTCH BENEFITS
A comprehensive benefits package is available and can be structured to best suit your needs. Benefits include paid time off, medical, dental, life, vision, and disability insurance, and a pre-tax 401(k) retirement account with Company matching contributions.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Edgewater is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected Veterans, or individuals with disabilities.