[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
The Senior Construction Manager position would normally be conferred only upon an individual based upon a defined need in the department or site and an accumulated combination of several of the following experiences and degrees: has a PE license, or MS, or PhD, or Post PhD studies in engineering, and/or extended technical and leadership experiences in three or more departments (e.g., Operations, Projects), and/or has demonstrated significant leadership ability while serving as an senior engineer/manager or lower, as well as in roles outside of engineering and construction, and/or is wide respected in the industry as demonstrated through multiple leadership positions in multiple companies, and/or wide distributed and referenced papers written and presented at technical conferences, and/or served on code committee at the national level for multiple years, and/or has served as a chief engineer in a company of more than 500 employees, and/or other roles.
• Must have a combination of several of the following education and experience requirements:
o PE license
o Bachelor’s Degree studies in Engineering
o Extended technical and leadership in three or more departments
o Leadership experience in more than one department or leadership as an Engineer/Manager
o Leadership in roles outside of Engineering and Construction
o Experience as a Chief Engineer in a large company (more than 500 employees)
• Must have a minimum of 20 years job experience
• Must have Executive assignments in two or more roles outside or Engineering
o Note – extended services as a member of a code committee or code subcommittee or presentation of a long series of technical papers at national conferences over a period of years, either one or some national level technical activity similar to either of these could substitute for one of the leadership positions inside or outside of engineering.
• DOE experience, preferred
• Thorough understanding of engineering principles, theories and concepts and microcomputer applications
• Ability to deliver oral presentations to convey technical findings and recommendations
• Ability to write, clear, concise and organized memos and reports
• Sound communication skills to effectively interface with internal and external customers
• Able to work well in the field and take ownership of assigned system equipment mechanical and electrical control systems
• Able to work with groups to provide overlapping support to other engineers while possibly working on several assigned tasks
• Able to clearly communicate technical information to non-technical personnel both verbally as well as in writing
• Able to expand skill set beyond own discipline to include understanding of control systems, interfaces with other electrical, mechanical, and structural systems
• Able to work in an industrial and construction site environment including walking over uneven surfaces, in the underground mine, and over long distances with periods of standing
Native American & Veteran Hiring Preferences will be applied in accordance with WFS policy.
Waséyabek Federal Services is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.