home >> nuclear >> job board >> post

[Controls Engineer] Principal I&C DESIGN AUTHORITY ENGINEER Opportunity at Aiken, SC

[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]

JOB TITLE: Principal I&C DESIGN AUTHORITY ENGINEER

US Citizenship Required: Yes

DUTIES
Provide Design Authority Engineering staff augmentation support in the Savannah River Site H-Canyon, Outside Facilities, and HB-Line for Instrumentation and Electrical Power Distribution Plant Systems. Including:

Providing troubleshooting support for Instrumentation and Electrical Distribution Systems
Develop/Review Uncertainty and Arc Flash Calculations
Develop/Review I&C and Electrical Designs
Design development and generation of design output documents including but not limited to: P&IDs; Control Logics; Loop Diagrams; Instrument Indices; Setpoint Lists; Instrument and Control Valve Specifications; DCS and PLC Design; Instrument Location and Installation Design; Panel Layouts; and Vendor Document Review
Providing engineering analysis for H-Area I&C control systems and Power Distribution Systems
Perform daily work duties in accordance with National Codes and Standards, Site Procedures, and Site Guides and Standards
Engineering services shall be provided using SRNS processes and procedures. Programmatic guidance will be provided by SRNS.

REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS

Education:
Minimum is a BS Degree in one of the following disciplines: Electrical Engineering, I&C Engineering or current registration as a Professional Engineer in one of the above disciplines.

Experience/Skills: Candidate must have a minimum of 25 years of experience with DOE nuclear material processing facilities. Familiarity with H-Area Separations processes is preferred. Candidate must have the ability to walkdown systems in the field. Must understand and have experience with the following:

Design Authority experience in the nuclear/chemical process industry.

Candidate must demonstrate design experience with process control instrumentation, PLCs and distributed control systems.

Experience with 2D Microstation Computer Aided Drafting and Design (CADD) is required.

Candidate must be able to perform field walk-downs to document as-installed conditions.

Previous Radiological Worker Training (RWT) preferred. After award, the selected candidate will be required to complete RWT.

Previous SRS Design Authority Engineering experience is preferred along with familiarity with H-Area Separations processes.

Work Hours:
A 40 hour work week is scheduled. SRNS utilizes various work schedules; including 5/8s (8 hours/day; five days per week), 4/10s (10 hours/day; four days per week), and a 9/80s (9 hours/day, five days on week A and 4 days on week B). Work week excludes SRNS holidays. Each work day has a 30-minute lunch.

Area Security Access:
A security clearance is not initially required; however, candidates without a clearance must be capable of obtaining a L clearance to perform assigned duties. After award, the selected candidate will be required to complete the application process to obtain a DOE clearance.

[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]

© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. - All rights reserved.
Use of the Roadtechs.com website implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement and acknowledgment of our Privacy Policy.