[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
HukariAscendent is a Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned, Small Business specializing in comprehensive engineering and technical support services associated with commercial nuclear power and Department of Energy (DOE) nuclear activities.
We are looking for a PRINCIPAL I&C DESIGN AUTHORITY ENGINEER with the following qualifications:
Provide Design Authority Engineering staff augmentation support in the Savannah River Site H-Canyon, Outside Facilities, and HB-Line for Instrumentation and Electrical Power Distribution Plant Systems. Including:
• Providing troubleshooting support for Instrumentation and Electrical Distribution Systems
• Develop/Review Uncertainty and Arc Flash Calculations
• Develop/Review I&C and Electrical Design
• Design development and generation of design output documents including but not limited to:
o Control Logics;
o Loop Diagrams;
o Instrument Indices;
o Setpoint Lists;
o Instrument and Control Valve Specifications;
o DCS and PLC Design; Instrument Location and Installation Design;
o Panel Layouts; and
o Vendor Document Review
• Providing engineering analysis for H-Area I&C control systems and Power Distribution Systems
• Perform daily work duties in accordance with National Codes and Standards, Site Procedures, and Site Guides and Standards
Engineering services shall be provided using SRNS processes and procedures. Programmatic guidance will be provided by SRNS.
US Citizenship Required:
Minimum is a BS Degree in one of the following disciplines:
• Electrical Engineering,
• I&C Engineering or
• Current registration as a Professional Engineer in one of the above disciplines.
Candidate must have a minimum of 25 years of experience with DOE nuclear material processing facilities. Must understand and have experience with Design Authority experience in the nuclear/chemical process industry. Candidate must demonstrate design experience with process control instrumentation, PLCs and distributed control systems. Experience with 2D MicroStation Computer Aided Drafting and Design (CADD) is required. Candidate must be able to perform field walk-downs to document as-installed conditions.
Previous Radiological Worker Training (RWT) preferred. After award, the selected candidate will be required to complete RWT.
Previous SRS Design Authority Engineering experience is preferred along with familiarity with H-Area Separations processes.
3 Years, no Options
HukariAscendent offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid time off.
Opportunities with HukariAscendent change frequently. For a complete listing of our current openings, please visit our website at www.hukari.com.
HukariAscendent is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.