[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
HukariAscendent is a Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned, Small Business specializing in comprehensive engineering and technical support services associated with commercial nuclear power and Department of Energy (DOE) nuclear activities.
We are looking for a SR CONSTRUCTION CIVIL FIELD ENGINEER with the following qualifications:
Provide construction engineering services in support of fabrication, installation, modification, and testing of various Civil activities/commodities performed by the SRNS Construction Department.
Primary duties and responsibilities associated with this position include:
• Performing walk downs and constructability reviews of proposed installation/modification design.
• Performing material take off for installations/modifications.
• Procurement of construction field material for installations/modifications.
• Developing work instructions and work plans for installations/modifications.
• Performing job hazards analysis for installations/modifications.
• Providing oversight and inspection of field installation/modification activities.
• Performing post installation/modification evaluation to ensure completed work meets applicable design, specifications, codes and standards.
• Developing as built drawings of piping systems.
• Providing support of post installation/modification testing activities.
The successful candidate will be required to facilitate resolution of installation, schedule and technical issues which will require significant interface with multiple organizations including Construction Mgt., Subcontract Mgt., Quality Assurance/Quality Control, Operating Facility Systems Engineering, and Operating Facility Mgt. Resolving these issues will often require the successful candidate to exercise discretion and independent judgment in order to determine the appropriate path forward after the various possibilities have been considered.
Candidate must meet at least one of the following:
• Technical Bachelor's degree and at least 5 years of related experience.
• Technical Associate's degree and greater than 7 years of related experience.
• A high school Diploma and at least 10 years of related experience.
Candidate must possess all of the following experience and/or skills:
• Must demonstrate a working knowledge of Civil/Architectural installation codes (IBC, ACI, AISC, OSHA, etc.).
• Ability to develop installation/modification work instructions and work plans per Asset Suite.
• Ability to perform job hazard analysis for construction activities.
• Candidate must qualify and remain qualified as a radiological worker and enter contaminated areas wearing the appropriate protective clothing, full and half face respirator, plastic hood/plastic suit.
• Candidate must be physically fit, able to withstand an outdoor environment and perform walk downs that may include climbing.
Candidate possessing the following experience and/or skills are preferred:
• Previous SRS experience.
• Previous experience performing work planning at SRNS, job hazards analysis utilizing SRNS procedures and requirements.
• Candidates who have possessed an active DOE clearance (L or Q) within the past two years are preferred.
Area Security Access:
• A security clearance is not initially required; however, candidate must be capable of obtaining a Q clearance if required to perform assigned duties. After award, the selected candidates will be notified when to apply for a clearance based on specific work assignments.
• 12 Months (2000 hours S/T and 200 O/T per year)
HukariAscendent offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid time off.
Opportunities with HukariAscendent change frequently. For a complete listing of our current openings, please visit our website at www.hukari.com.
HukariAscendent is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.