[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Provide simulator training instructors who have experience and expertise with nuclear operations simulator training. Under the direction of qualified instructional analysis/developers, the simulator instructors will prepare simulator control room watch station qualification cards, integrated simulator scenarios for response to abnormal and emergency condition, alarm response and drill exercise guides. The simulator instructors will also conduct simulator training for control room commissioning technicians and other control room staff and may train other less-experienced simulator instructors. The role and scope of the simulator instructor includes miscellaneous support activities related to training development and implementation, as well as completion of LAW simulator instructor training which includes training on LAW, LAB and BOF Systems, LAW DSA/TSR and the CC Training Department Procedures.
The simulator instructors will be assigned specific simulator training modules to develop and will be required to meet deadlines for training material development and approval.
Additionally, some simulator instructors may be assigned to develop training associated with the Documented Safety Analysis implementation.
• Minimum education and experience: High School diploma plus at least seven (7) years of experience as an instructor with knowledge and expertise in nuclear operations simulator training development and implementation using the systematic approach to training.
• Prefer at least 6 years technical experience in operations, maintenance, or related technical position in Naval Nuclear, Department of Energy Nuclear, or Commercial Nuclear Operations.
• Prefer familiarity with ANSI 3.5 and JPRO Software.
• Upon reporting, must be able to complete and pass a medical evaluation for badging purposes. Must have full mobility, be able to walk on uneven or broken surfaces (rocks, gravel, etc.). The examination includes, but is not limited to ability to pass blood pressure test, able to bend, twist, pull, push, climb, and lift more than 20 lbs.
• Possess the legal right to work and remain in the United States without sponsorship