[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Edgewater is seeking qualified candidates for a Sr. Construction Civil Field Engineer opportunity for our customer in Aiken, SC to support the Savannah River Site.
Duration: 12 Months (2000 hours S/T and 200 O/T per year)
Clearance Required: No
US Citizenship Required: Yes
JOB TITLE: Sr. Construction Civil Field Engineer
Provide construction engineering services in support of fabrication, installation, modification, and testing of various Civil activities/commodities performed by the SRNS Construction Department.
Primary duties and responsibilities associated with this position include:
• Performing walk downs and constructability reviews of proposed installation/modification design.
• Performing material take off for installations/modifications.
• Procurement of construction field material for installations/modifications.
• Developing work instructions and work plans for installations/modifications.
• Performing job hazards analysis for installations/modifications.
• Providing oversight and inspection of field installation/modification activities.
• Performing post installation/modification evaluation to ensure completed work meets applicable design, specifications, codes and standards.
• Developing as built drawings of piping systems.
• Providing support of post installation/modification testing activities.
• BS in Civil Engineering
The successful candidate will be required to facilitate resolution of installation, schedule and technical issues which will require significant interface with multiple organizations including Construction Mgt., Subcontract Mgt., Quality Assurance/Quality Control, Operating Facility Systems Engineering, and Operating Facility Mgt. Resolving these issues will often require the successful candidate to exercise discretion and independent judgment in order to determine the appropriate path forward after the various possibilities have been considered.
A 40-hour work week is scheduled. SRNS utilizes various work schedules which include, but not limited to, the following:
• 5/8’s (eight hours/day, five days per week)
• 4/10’s (ten hours/day, four days per week)
• 9/80’s (nine hours/day, five days on week A and four days on week B)
The work week excludes SRNS holidays. Each workday has a 30-minute lunch unpaid.
AREA SECURITY ACCESS:
Security clearance is not required.
If you are interested in being considered for this position and your resume clearly outlines your relevant experience for this position, please follow the application steps via our website.
If your qualifications match our position requirements you will be contacted and provided additional details. Edgewater will not submit your resume without first having detailed discussions with you and obtaining your permission to do so.
We look forward to hearing from you!
WORKING WITH EDGEWATER
Edgewater offers the opportunity to structure benefit packages to best suit your needs. We offer multiple individual and family benefit options including paid time off, medical, dental, life, vision, and disability insurance, and a pre-tax 401(k) retirement account with Company matching contributions and 100% vesting for eligible participants beginning on DAY 1.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Edgewater is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected Veterans, or individuals with disabilities.
View all Edgewater opportunities at www.edgewatertech.net/careers