[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
USAR9106 – NUCLEAR SAFETY ENGINEER – OAK RIDGE, TN – LONG TERM – Due by November 24th
ReNuke Services, Inc. is seeking a Nuclear Safety Engineer at our client site in Oak Ridge, TN .
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provide technical advice and perform technical functions as directed by their supervisor, line management, project engineer, or Engineering Manager.
• Support achievement of line management objectives.
• Provide timely response to project and functional requests, as required.
• Retain and exercise responsibility and accountability to their functional management for technical implementation of their function within the integrated project team.
• Interface with their own functional management on work standards and requirements, lessons learned, work process initiatives, and technical issue resolution.
• Implement the training and qualification processes required by functional management for functional personnel.
• Participate in the assessment process to ensure safe and effective implementation.
• Implement company-wide procedures/programs/systems from their respective functional area within the integrated project team.
• Identify engineering and technology needs that are required to reduce the risk and uncertainty associated with the program or individual projects.
• Ensure that engineering activities and engineered items comply with applicable federal and state regulatory requirements (e.g., DOE, Environmental Protection Agency, and Tennessee), and apply appropriate industry standards and codes.
• Provide for safety in engineering activities and resulting designs, plans and instructions, via the ISMS process and appropriate engineering safety management programs.
• Ensure that technical personnel are trained to the functional procedures.
• Ensure that appropriate requirements flow to project implementing plans, procedures, instructions, and subcontractor documents.
• Provide occasional technical support to other projects and functional group.
SPECIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
• Perform Unreviewed Safety Question Determinations for Hazard Category 2 and 3 nuclear facilities.
• Develop safety basis documentation for less than Hazard Category 3 (Radiological) Facilities to include: hazard identification through facility walkdowns, review of historical documents and interviews; facility radiological categorization in accordance with DOE-STD-1027; facility chemical hazard classification in accordance with procedures; calculations to estimate radiological material holdup based on contamination survey data; hazard analysis techniques; control development for inventory and activities to ensure facility categorization and classification limits are not exceeded.
• Develop, revise or provide technical guidance for safety basis documents for less than HC-3, HC-3 and HC-2 facilities including Hazard Identification and Hazard Analysis as needed.
• Perform periodic reviews and updates of Safety Basis (SB) documents as listed above.
• Other NFS related activities as directed by the Project or Functional Management.
• B.S. in Nuclear, Chemical, or Mechanical Engineering or other Engineering or related discipline.
• At least 5 years of DOE nuclear facility experience. Commercial nuclear experience will be considered.
• At least 5 years of experience in the development, maintenance, and use of (and compliance with) 10 CFR 830 safety basis documentation.
• Completion of DOE USQD training (10 CFR 830 subpart B; Section 830.203; and DOE G 424.1-1) is desired.
Please note that in order to be considered for this position, you must possess all the basic/required qualifications. The candidate selected will be solely employed by ReNuke Services, Inc., not by client.
ReNuke Services is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected Veteran status.