[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
System One is looking for an experienced Senior Industrial Hygienist for a long-term DOE project in Carlsbad, NM.
Under general supervision, performs Industrial Hygiene (IH) job functions as assigned by supervision and management. Typical job responsibilities are to assist and support IH Technician Leads and supervision in ensuring the monitoring, controls and processes for reducing and controlling chemical, biological, and physical hazards are in compliance with all applicable procedures, policies, contractual/operational requirements, safety guidelines, MSHA, DOE Orders and local, state and federal regulations. Typical job responsibilities do not include directing work activities or utilizing discretionary decision making authority. The specific work assignment may include duties or activities that assist and support management in one or more of the following functional areas, in addition to other duties as assigned:
· Participates in monitoring the company's health standards in accordance with applicable laws and regulations; evaluates and interprets current regulations and assists in compliance
· Performs assigned tasks according to detailed instructions and established policies and procedures
· Ensures controls required to mitigate identified hazards are implemented
· Assists others by providing industrial hygiene, environmental and hazard material support
· Assists in processing complex and difficult hygiene analyses by a variety of methodologies and using a wide range of laboratory equipment and instruments
· Maintains data in various data capture systems
· Assists in generating reports, charts and spreadsheets as needed
· Provides administrative and/or functional support to the Industrial Hygiene team
· Perform duties general/routine to moderately complex in nature
· Other job related duties as assigned
· Maintains knowledge of and demonstrates ability to perform work safely in accordance with all approved safety policies, procedures and applicable regulations and performs assigned duties in a safe manner
· Actively participates in safety work groups
High School diploma/GED and 2 years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience is required. Typical experience ranges from 2 - 5 years. Radiological training is required or the ability to obtain (Radiological Worker II). Intermediate PC skills including Microsoft software. Basic understanding of federal and state policies and regulations, project policies and requirements. Intermediate interpersonal and communication skills.