[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Mechanical Engineer / Snubber subject matter expert is needed for long term opening in the southeast US.
• Maintains focus on regulatory requirements associated with the snubber program.
• Ensures participation in the primary industry group applicable to the program (i.e., SNUG).
• Ensures examination and testing frequencies and schedules meet Code requirements and are compared against industry guidance best practice.
• Ensures examination and testing is conducted in accordance with the required schedule and frequency as determined within the Snubber Program plan.
• Ensures snubber failure test scope expansions are performed in accordance with the Snubber Program plan.
• Performs a service life assessment at least once each fuel cycle to ensure that the service life of each installed snubber will not be exceeded before the next scheduled system or plant outage.
Recommended Skills, Training, Associations, etc:
• Technical proficiency; maintain subject matter expertise in component area.
• Familiarity with code and testing requirements.
• Qualification in accordance with NMP-TR-430.