[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Are you seeking a Quality Engineer role?
Our client has a need for a Senior Quality Assurance Engineer to support the PPPO project, located in Portsmouth, OH.
Longenecker & Associates (L&A) seeks a qualified Senior Quality Engineer at the Portsmouth Paducah Project Office (PPPO). L&A is a member of the Enterprise Technical Assistance Service, Inc (E-TAS), the team providing integrated support to the DOE PPPO.
This individual will be stationed in Portsmouth, OH and serve as the primary point of contact responsible/accountable for ensuring satisfactory Quality Assurance Oversight of operations on the Portsmouth site.
This position functions as the QA Lead for the Portsmouth site, working under the direction of the PPPO QA Functional Area Manager and the Portsmouth Program Manager, and working closely with the counterpart QA Lead at the Paducah site and other staff members.
The oversight roles and responsibilities of the E-TAS team are defined in the Performance Work Statement of the PPPO Technical Support Services contract and encompass oversight activities in 3 geographic locations, over five DOE prime contractors.
It is the mission and vision of E-TAS to operate synergistically, integrating activities at the 3 sites to make optimal use of the expertise and resources within the team, while ensuring the safe and effective conduct of environmental cleanup at the sites. Therefore, all team members are likely to support activities outside their primary function and area of responsibility.
This individual will interface directly with various stakeholders, including the PPPO organization, E-TAS management and staff, Quality Assurance personnel, and other PPPO subcontractors, to ensure continuous coordination/communication regarding implementation and maintenance of the PPPO QA Program Plan (QAPP), including polices, plans and procedures. This individual shall ensure that all work products produced comply with the PPPO QAPP.
Specific work activities include, but are not limited to:
- Lead and perform QA Independent Assessments and surveillance of PPPO Project activities in accordance with the current PPPO Assessment Plan, or as needed.
- Perform QA audits and surveillances; provide oversight support during management assessments; provide QA support for accident investigation reporting, and Readiness Reviews, and support DOE with external assessments.
- Support federal readiness/management reviews of PPPO contractor’s operations, industrial activities, etc., including development of review plans and reports.
Assist with drafting and updating DOE QA documents such as PPPO policies, plans and procedures, and coordinate QA program updates.
- Serves as assessment coordinator for the Portsmouth site, including securing required resources, statusing assessments, and supporting the development of yearly surveillance/assessment plans.
- Develop audit and surveillance plans including Criteria Review Approach Documents for audits and surveillances.
- Develop final audit and surveillance reports and coordinate factual accuracy of audit and surveillance reports.
- Evaluate corrective action plans generated by site contractors.
- Track QA deliverables submitted under this contract, as well as those submitted by the onsite contractors.
- Review DOE directives as they relate to the PPPO functions, responsibilities and authorities; provide implementation recommendations and possible impacts to existing programs and processes.
- Provide recurring events analysis as required by DOE O 232.2.
- Manage database to record onsite contractor performance in the areas of nonconformances, issues or deficiencies, corrective actions and corrective action closure and verification.
- Maintain the Management Tracking System.
- Prepare and distribute “Lessons Learned” reports to encourage improvements of onsite contractor performance.
- Review and comment on technical reports produced by the PPPO prime contractors overseen by DOE PPPO and E-TAS.
As a Longenecker & Associates employee, you will have the opportunity to engage in mission critical work, join a team that constantly exceeds client expectations, and become a member of a professional family.
An ideal candidate possesses:
- Nuclear quality assurance experience, especially at DOE site(s)
- Audit and surveillance experience
- Supplier oversight experience
- Conduct of Operations and Readiness Review experience
- Continuous improvement experience, including issues management, corrective and preventive action
- Excellent time management skills
- Flexible and adaptable
- High energy
- Seeks out challenging assignments
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Expert knowledge of NQA 1 requirements and principles, or similar quality requirements and principles.
- Demonstrated understanding of DOE Order 414.1D, DOE Order 226.1B, 10 CFR830 Subpart A
- Proficient communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to obtain and maintain appropriate DOE security clearance
- General knowledge of DOE facilities and missions, particularly experience that includes supporting readiness reviews on nuclear processes and activities-
Advanced analytical and writing skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe
- Well-organized, detail-oriented, and able to manage multiple tasks concurrently in a high paced, high pressure environment
- Ability to use independent judgement for determining course of action
Causal analysis experience preferred
Education and Experience Required
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or comparable technical degree
- At least 10 years of experience in a quality engineering related position, preferably at nuclear facilities
- Experience working within an NQA-1 based program, or program within similar requirements.
- Extensive experience working with DOE Order 411D, DOE Order 226.1B, 10 CFR 830, Subpart A and NQA-1 at DOE sites.
- Ability to lead and support audit and surveillance efforts to identify and assess quality issues, deficiencies and potential non-compliances
- Active NQA-1 Lead Auditor certification or ability to be requalified in the case of a lapsed certification.
Performance of readiness and management reviews
To express your interest in this role, send your resume via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org