[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
HukariAscendent is a Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned, Small Business specializing in comprehensive engineering and technical support services associated with commercial nuclear power and Department of Energy (DOE) nuclear activities.
We are looking for a Nuclear Criticality Safety Engineer - Principle 6 months REMOTE + some onsite with the following qualifications:
Majority of work will be performed off-site over the next 2 – 3 months creating an NCSE. This will be followed by 2 – 3 months of reviews and comment resolution of the NCSE.
Must have DOE "L" clearance or the ability to obtain a DOE "L" clearance
Under limited supervision, performs Senior NCS Engineering job functions as assigned by management. Typical job responsibilities assist and support management in NCS program implementation; which may include duties or activities in one or more of the following functional areas, in addition to other duties as assigned:
* Maintains and implements Nuclear Criticality Safety Program in accordance DOE Order 420.1.
* Interfaces with groups inside and outside the organization, senior management, client representatives and auditors.
* Develops schedules for assigned projects and report progress.
* Responsible for development or review/update of various plans, policies or procedures as needed.
* Identifies and evaluates project issues and problems.
* Responsible for training preparation and facilitation.
* Evaluates operations and proposed modifications to determine compliance with NCS requirements and standards, federal, state or local statutes and regulations as well as project/company policy.
* Provides assigned technical or functional support to team members.
* Performs a variety of tasks complex and difficult in nature.
* Maintains knowledge of and demonstrates ability to perform work safely in accordance with all approved safety policies, procedures and applicable regulations and performs assigned duties in a safe manner. If supervising others, has responsibility for the safety of those being supervised and ensures they comply with established safety policies and procedures and practice safe work habits.
* Prepares NCS Evaluations (NCSEs) and NCS Determinations (NCSDs).
* Performs peer review of NCSEs, NCSDs, and NCS Calculation documents.
* Disposition of anomalous conditions.
* Responsible for technical ownership of assigned NCS projects
* Subject matter expert for assigned NCS projects
* Assists in training preparation and facilitation
* Lead role for projects as assigned
* Ensures compliance with DOE regulations and standards
* Interfaces with other technical and production organizations to compile technical information required for document preparation
* Serves as a resource for lower level positions
* Provides assigned technical or functional support to team members
* Other job related duties as assigned
* Maintains knowledge of and demonstrates ability to perform work safely in accordance with all approved safety policies, procedures and applicable regulations and performs assigned duties in a safe manner
* Actively participates in Safety Work Groups.
* Other job related duties as assigned.
BS degree in science or engineering and 10 years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience is required. Typical experience ranges from 10 - 15 years, with a minimum of 5 years direct NCS Engineer experience. Documented evidence of completion of independent peer reviews of a minimum of 3 NCSEs. Documented evidence of authoring a minimum of 4 NCSEs.
Under limited supervision, Nuclear Safety Engineering job functions as assigned by management. Typical job responsibilities assist and support management in nuclear safety support of operations and engineering system design. The specific work assignment may include duties or activities that assist and support management in one or more of the following functional areas, in addition to other duties as assigned:
Must possess a DOE “L” clearance or the ability to obtain a DOE “L” Clearance
Estimated duration: Award for 6 months (2-3 months remote developing NCSEs, at some point some onsite visits maybe required to validate documents)
HukariAscendent offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid time off.
Opportunities with HukariAscendent change frequently. For a complete listing of our current openings, please visit our website at www.hukari.com.
HukariAscendent is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.