[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
USAR9011 - JR. IH TECHNICIAN - OAK RIDGE, TN - LONG TERM - BY 12/14
ReNuke Services, Inc is seeking a Jr. IH technician at our client site in Oak Ridge, TN to:
* Implement day-to-day programmatic and field aspects of the Industrial Hygiene Program in accordance with10 CFR Part 851, Worker Safety and Health Program, requirements.
* Support Industrial Hygiene sampling activities in compliance with written work plans, sampling protocols, and procedures.
* Serve as an escort, upon request, to un-cleared individuals.
* Perform other duties as assigned
* AA/AS in Occupational Safety & Health, Environmental Health or related field, or equivalent combination of education and relevant experience (4 years of relevant experience without a degree).
REQUIRED TRAINING / QUALIFICATIONS:
* The Industrial Hygiene Junior Technician must have a valid Driver"s License, be qualified to wear respiratory protection, be clean shaven daily for response action, and have or be able to have a security clearance.
LEVEL SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
* Under direct supervision, will assist with IH functions within the safety and health program. Performs basic and routine duties to achieve compliance with ES&H standards along with federal and state regulatory requirements.
* Maintains daily contact, in accordance with specific assignment, with superintendent, field engineers, craft personnel, and other discipline personnel to assist in the successful implementation of the Industrial Hygiene Program.
* Is responsive to requests made by Project IH, Project IS/IH Manager, Project ESH Operations Manager and/or UCOR Safety and Health Manager in support of field implementation of programmatic requirements
* Performs air and bulk sampling, noise surveys, temperature assessments, etc. Sampling may include response to incident sampling events and may include chemical decontamination, where applicable.
* Assists Facility Management as directed with access control, posting and labeling in accordance with industrial hygiene and/or safety-related posting needs (e.g., respirator area, asbestos-regulated area, etc.).
* Performs operational equipment setups and/or operability tests for industrial hygiene meters, sampling equipment, and general maintenance of industrial hygiene equipment/instrumentation.
* Inputs and generates employee sampling notification letters, reports, and other industrial hygiene-related sampling data records to the Industrial Hygiene database
* Suspends/stops work as warranted, without fear of reprisal, for activities or practices observed that put worker safety and/or the environment at risk, until it can be demonstrated that it is safe to proceed with the work