[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
HukariAscendent is a Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned, Small Business specializing in comprehensive engineering and technical support services associated with commercial nuclear power and Department of Energy (DOE) nuclear activities.
We are looking for a Sr. Radiation Protection Engineer with the following qualifications:
Under limited supervision, performs Radiation Protection/Health Physics engineering functions as assigned by management. Typical job responsibilities are to assist and support management and Principal Radiation Protection Engineers in the development of the Radiation Protection Program core functions by evaluating, monitoring and interpreting levels of radiation and contamination in accordance with the DOE approved Radiation Protection Program (RPP). Other duties include the development and review of radiological worker training, radiological control technician training and, determining appropriate preventative measures to limit exposure of site personnel, including data collection, analysis, and ensuring that site operations are conducted in accordance with contractual, statutory and regulatory requirements. The specific work assignment may include duties or activities that assist and support management in one or more of the following functional areas, in addition to other duties as assigned including:
* Provides technical and/or functional guidance to the Radiation Protection team.
* Development and delivery of radiological worker training.
* Development and delivery of radiological control technician training.
* Participate in planning and optimizing ALARA design and control to support D&D, Environmental Remediation and Waste Management related to measurements, controls, ALARA evaluations, and data interpretations.
* Communicate status of measurements exceeding safe levels and recommends engineered controls.
* Contribute to the modification of policies and procedures to enhance radiological safety.
* Provide interpretative guidance regarding radiation levels and appropriate controls.
* Supports Radiation Protection functional areas such as sampling, data capture, entry and analysis support, documentation, procedure update, report preparation, or related areas.
* Prepare survey and release plans for facilities and equipment.
* Evaluate materials and equipment for unrestricted release.
* Perform personnel dose assessments.
* Provide technical guidance in interpreting standards.
* Provide technical guidance in selecting anti-C clothing.
* Assist in the development of corrective actions in response to radiological problems.
* Perform audits and assessments of functional areas of the radiological program.
* Development and maintenance of internal and external dosimetry program.
* Quality assessment of vendor support activities
* Maintain knowledge of and demonstrates ability to perform work safely in accordance with all approved safety policies, procedures and applicable regulations and performs assigned duties in a safe manner. If supervising others, has responsibility for the safety of those being supervised and ensures they comply with established safety policies and procedures and practice safe work habits.
* Actively participates in Safety Work Groups
BS/BA degree in Health Physics, Engineering, Science or Math or a related field and 8 years of operational health physics experience, 5 years health physics engineering/dosimetry/training experience,and 3 years of experience in the DOE/NNSA complex or a Gaseous Diffusion Enrichment facility, or an equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
* Active DOE security clearance or the ability to obtain.
* Intermediate PC skills including Microsoft software.
* Strong math/science skills/aptitude.
Duration: Award through 6/2022
HukariAscendent offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid time off.
Opportunities with HukariAscendent change frequently. For a complete listing of our current openings, please visit our website at www.hukari.com.
HukariAscendent is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.