[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
HukariAscendent is a Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned, Small Business specializing in comprehensive engineering and technical support services associated with commercial nuclear power and Department of Energy (DOE) nuclear activities.
We are looking for a Engineer Specialist - I&C/Electrical with the following qualifications:
NOTE: No Per Diem available at UCOR
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Provide technical advice and perform technical functions as directed by their supervisor, line management, project engineer, or Engineering Manager.
• Support achievement of line management objectives.
• Provide timely response to project and functional requests, as required.
• Retain and exercise responsibility and accountability to their functional management for technical implementation of their function within the integrated project team.
• Interface with their own functional management on work standards and requirements, lessons learned, work process initiatives, and technical issue resolution.
• Implement the training and qualification processes required by functional management for functional personnel.
• Participate in the assessment process to ensure safe and effective implementation.
• Implement company-wide procedures/programs/systems from their respective functional area within the integrated project team.
• Identify engineering and technology needs that are required to reduce the risk and uncertainty associated with the program or individual projects.
• Ensure that engineering activities and engineered items comply with applicable federal and state regulatory requirements (e.g., DOE, Environmental Protection Agency, and Tennessee), and apply appropriate industry standards and codes.
• Provide for safety in engineering activities and resulting designs, plans and instructions, via the ISMS process and appropriate engineering safety management programs.
• Ensure that technical personnel are trained to the functional procedures.
• Ensure that appropriate requirements flow to project implementing plans, procedures, instructions, and subcontractor documents.
• Provide occasional technical support to other projects and functional group
SPECIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Electrical Engineer to perform duties supporting UCOR projects and/or Electrical Engineering Program function. Project locations can include Heritage Center, ORNL and Y-12, but primarily is designed for ORNL Nuclear Operations projects. Duties to include:
* Prepare and review engineering calculations;
* Develop electrical and instrumentation engineering change documentation, and associated drawings/sketches;
* Incorporate electrical system changes into facility red line drawings and oversee the drawing revisions;
* Assist with development of maintenance work packages as well as new construction and process proposed changes from operations/maintenance;
* Provide technical oversight of electrical and I&C field activities including troubleshooting, design changes, repairs and new installation;
* Assist with the development, review, and approval of scopes of work, technical specifications, sole source justifications, purchase orders and other procurement aspects within the electrical scope;
* Troubleshoot electrical and I&C systems;
* Interpret electrical codes and provide guidance as needed;
* Other electrical and I&C engineering duties as necessary and assigned
BS Degree or equivalent experience
2 years experience in Engineering
Special Training, Certs, Quals, or Licenses:
Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, or a related field, preferred
* 4+ years experience in electrical and/or I&C systems design, installation, troubleshooting, and repairs/renovations;
* Familiarity with and experience in implementation of NFPA 70 National Electric Code;
* Experience in providing technical oversight and direction of work performed by electricians;
* Experience in providing support to the preparation and implementation of work packages for modifications, repairs, or upgrades to electrical and I&C systems;
* Experience in development of engineering change documentation for changes to existing electrical and I&C systems;
* Familiarity with common instrumentation and control components for pumping systems, liquid flow monitoring, liquid level sensing, and alarm conditions monitoring;
* Experience specifying or procuring electrical equipment items that are listed, labeled or recognized by a Nationally Recognized Testing Laboratory;
* Experience in designing with Safety Integrity Level / Safety Instrumented Functions preferred;
* Functional with MS Word, Excel and Outlook software;
* Ability to obtain an 'L' or 'Q' clearance if needed but not required to apply
Estimated duration: 1/11/2021 through 7/31/2021
HukariAscendent offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid time off.
Opportunities with HukariAscendent change frequently. For a complete listing of our current openings, please visit our website at www.hukari.com.
HukariAscendent is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.