[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Support the SRNS Nuclear & Criticality Safety Engineering organization in the development,
review, and implementation of criticality safety documentation for various facilities at the
Savannah River Site. Provide technical assistance in developing criticality safety documents and
analyses, criticality safety controls, and related technical support documentation. Ensure that the
development of criticality safety documentation complies with requirements and as necessary,
and applicable controls are implemented in field procedures. Conduct Criticality Safety Program
assessments and maintain program manuals.
Services shall be provided using SRNS processes and procedures. Programmatic guidance will
be provided by SRNS.
Area Security Access: Candidate must have the ability to obtain and maintain a DOE “Q”
security clearance. Supplier shall possess a positive FOCI determination from DOE which
includes the “Q” security clearance level. An active DOE clearance is not initially required to
perform assigned duties. After award, the selected candidate will be notified when to apply for a
clearance based on work assignments. Candidate who has had an active “L” or “Q” clearance
within the past two years is preferred.
Work Hours: A 40-hour work week is scheduled. SRNS utilizes various work schedules;
including 5/8s (8 hours/day; five days per week), 4/10s (10 hours/day; four days per week), and
9/80s (9 hours/day, five days on week A and 4 days on week B). Work week excludes SRNS
holidays. SRNS Management will determine best schedule depending on work needs. Each
workday has an unpaid 30-minute lunch break. Extended work hours and workdays are to be
expected with this position.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: Education/Experience:
1. BS degree in Engineering, Math, or Science
2. Advanced degree in Engineering, Math, or Science (Preferred)alternate combination of education and
experience will be considered where the candidate has an advanced degree.
3. Demonstrated a minimum of 15 years of recent experience in the nuclear/criticality safety industry
through support of the Department of Energy (DOE) or the commercial nuclear industry.
4. Demonstrated previous experience with the use and implementation of 10 CFR 830, DOE O 420.1C, and
related directives and standards.
5. Demonstrated personal accountability for facility/project schedules, deadlines, budgets, and the safe
performance of work; and proficiency in performing Criticality Safety Program assessments.
6. Demonstrated proficiency in the use of a criticality safety code (MCNP or SCALE).
7. Ability to obtain and maintain a DOE “Q” security clearance
8. Active “L” or “Q” security clearance within past two years (Preferred)
9. Demonstrated previous experience in developing, reviewing, and maintaining SRS criticality safety
10. A telephone interview to validate resume/submitted data may occur. The telephone number of the
candidate is required.
11. Reference check to evaluate performance capability may occur. List 3 professional references and contact
12. U.S. CITIZEN