[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
POSITION: Director of Independent Verification & Validation
(IV&V) will provide technical and managerial leadership for the IV&V organization. This position will ensure IV&V collaboration with I&C, IT, QA, Regulatory Affairs and other departments as needed to plan and execute the NuScale model-based IV&V program. The IV&V team is tasked with performing IV&V of digital instrumentation and controls software and Boolean logic within Complex Logic Devices for the NuScale plant in accordance with NuScale procedures. The Director provides for management reviews and external reviews of IV&V work products and interfaces with the U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission as required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Ensures an IV&V organizational structure and staff composition that will provide high quality, timely and cost effective IV&V support of the I&C design engineering groups.
2. Directs the IV&V organization in the execution of its primary functions. This includes oversight of project plans, staff hiring, organizational budgets, project schedules, team building, conflict resolution, and timely completion of milestones.
3. Ensures that the IV&V organization, and its contractors, work effectively with the software configuration engineers and software system engineers to ensure that NuScale plant software is acquired, deployed, maintained and operated according to NuScale plans and procedures.
4. Ensures that the IV&V organization is adequately trained to perform their duties. This includes training as needed to perform verification and validation of safety and non-safety nuclear I&C software, systems, and hardware and providing professional development opportunities as appropriate.
5. Ensures successful completion of NRC licensing topical reports for the NuScale model based design and model-based IV&V methods and tools. This includes responding to NRC RAIs and audits.
6. Maintains regular communications with the CTO and other departments (e.g., I&C, IT, QA, PMO) regarding plans, progress, key milestones, issues and problem resolution.
7. Performs other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS AND ABILITIES:
Education: A minimum of B.S. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related field is required. An advanced degree is preferred.
Experience: A minimum of 15 years' experience as a subject matter expert in IV&V and nuclear related digital I&C is required. Must be able to reveal prior leadership in building IV&V programs as well as have demonstrated experience in management and supervisory skills including; interpersonal communication, motivation of personnel, problem analysis and decision making.
Industry Requirements: Eligible to work under Department of Energy 10 CFR Part 810.
Email resumes to MBM@bcpengineers.com