[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Principal Engineer/Fire Protection
DUT IES: Provide fire protection technical support for the SRS Fire Protection Program and operating facilities on site. Work at the direction of a Technical Lead Engineer and/or Fire Protection Engineering Manager. The duties will include:
• Work as a Fire Protection Engineer (FPE) with demonstrated FPE subject matter expertise with industrial and nuclear Fire Protection
suppression, alarms, and detection requirements.
• Provide technical direction and guidance in the development and implementation of the Fire
Protection Program. As assigned, prepare building fire hazards analysis (FHA) for specific buildings
and /or projects.
• Develop and effectively utilize sound engineering principles and capabilities in the conduct of appropriate fire modeling, fire water, and fire
• Evaluate and develop cost-effective, safe, alternative solutions and approaches in problem
solving field issues in order to maintain compliance with codes and requirements consistent with
safe practices and operations.
• Develop and implement effective fire protection designs for compliance with fire codes, standards, and regulations.
• Provide technical support/ guidance to facility management and staff on all fire protection related issues including but not limited to
installation, inspection, maintenance, and operations of fire protection systems and components.
• Conduct facility evaluations/assessments for compliance with procedures and fire protection codes and standards, identify deficiencies,
recommend corrective actions, and provide the necessary technical support to resolve issues. Evaluate alternate means and methods for
achieving code compliance.
• Assist in the identification of consistent fire system inspection and testing program that satisfies
the intent of the National Fire Codes, S/RID, and DOE requirements.
• Develop and maintain a working know ledge and understanding of SRNS 2Q "Fire Protection Program Manual".