[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Title: Assistant TCC Manager
Duration: Contract duration approximately 1 year
Location: Central GA
Facility type: Nuclear Power Plant
Schedule: Approximately February 8, 2021
PIC Group is seeking an Assistant Test Control Center (TCC) Manager for a nuclear project assignment.
The Assistant TCC Manager is a key member of the clients Nuclear Test Control Center (TCC) team who is dedicated to ensuring project success in achieving Testing objectives plus major milestone accomplishment. Assistant TCC Managers are administratively controlled by the Strategic Test Coordinator and receive tasking shift-to-shift from the on-duty TCC Shift Manager.
• The Assistant TCC Manager is expected to interact frequently and directly with plant construction contractors at the Area Manager / General Superintendent / Superintendent levels in order to help the TCC achieve its objectives.
• The Assistant TCC Manager also interacts directly with ITP leaders, the system completions team, and Test Engineers to help ensure success in turning systems over to test and to accomplish planned testing.
• The Assistant TCC Managers work rotating shifts to ensure that a presence is maintained with the TCC team 7 days per week.
• The Assistant TCC Managers are expected to spend most of their time in the field at the construction site. When not in the field or attending required meetings, the Assistant TCC Manager is expected to be in the TCC lending experience and perspective to help the TCC team develop, learn and plan for success.
• Develop a strong team relationship with the rotating TCC teams, Contractor completions team, Contractor field leadership and management for assigned scopes of work in order to help the project succeed.
• Relentlessly pursue successful achievement of assigned tasks.
• Understand the construction and testing end-states, testing completion sequence options, and testing schedule by specified system and milestone.
• Identify, pursue and take advantage of opportunities to improve TCC, testing, ITP and project performance.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Capable of acquiring and maintaining Nuclear Project clearance.
• Thorough understanding of construction management and project management.
• Thorough knowledge of construction and testing scheduling, document control, and records requirements.
• Experience and skill in identifying problem areas, investigating alternative solutions, and determining solutions with appropriate paths forward in a dynamic and fast-paced construction and testing environment.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, with experience preparing clear, concise and impactful reports.
• Knowledge of construction practices, construction field management, Field Engineering, construction scheduling and Area Manager responsibilities.
• Strong familiarity with Standard Work Process Procedures.
• Experience with Nuclear or other major construction and testing including Mechanical, Electrical, Welding, HVAC, Fire Protection, Instrumentation and Control.
• Experience with system and/or component functional testing and turnover to commissioning.
• Project Management Professional training and certifications are a plus.
• 3 years management experience.
• 10 years of experience in Nuclear power industry.
We are proud to offer competitive wages and benefits. Prior to beginning work, all applicants must be willing to submit to a drug and alcohol screen as well as a background check, inclusive of criminal. We seek out and employ talented individuals who meet the qualifications for each position. PIC Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Due to the large number of responses we receive to our postings, only those applicants with the required experience and qualifications will be contacted.