[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
System One has an immediate need for two Project Controls Analysts to supplement existing IT projects and portfolio changes. This is a long term contract opportunity in Chattanooga, TN. Local candidates required as there is no per diem offered for this opportunity.
1. Utilize best practices, techniques and tools for project planning, execution, project management, ongoing milestone/deliverable tracking, communication, and key performance metrics.
2. Under the guidance of a Senior Portfolio Analyst, work with the financial organization to quantify project benefits in a way that will enable objective evaluation of projects against company objectives and aid project approval decision-making.
3. Under the guidance of a Senior Portfolio Analyst, work with functional managers and project managers ensuring all required data for making decisions is complete and available.
4. Monitor and report status on milestone schedule commitments, resource commitments and constraints.
5. Responsible for performing IT project portfolio analysis for the benefit of other company organizations. This includes the development of applicable financial and field evaluations and the final recommendations to the manager of the applicable organization.
6. Responsible for representing ADMIN, Information Services, on agency-wide projects (that are less complex than those handled by a senior analyst) and/or providing support to various committees (which often include several officers of the corporation) that have been established to resolve key business issues.
1. A B.S. Degree in a business related field; or equivalent education, training & experience.
2. Five to seven years of project control/analysis experience.
3. Knowledge of cost control and financial planning/analysis.
4. Scheduling experience (prefer knowledge with P6).
5. Experience in the field of project/program management, agile methodology, investment planning, engineering or business administration.
6. Demonstrated experience and knowledge of advanced concepts in project/program management, accounting, financial analysis and risk analysis, and adaptability to organizational changes.
7. Must possess the necessary interpersonal skills and excellent communication skills to be able to communicate effectively with all levels of management, senior management of customers, vendors, and other senior level professionals.
8. A working knowledge of industry best practices and procedures; a working knowledge of the principals of business administration, economics, mathematics, and the utility industry; and proficiency in project management techniques and tools.
9. Must have experience in translating forecasts and analyses into recommendations and actions.
10. High degree of self-motivation required to independently perform assignments.
11. Candidate may be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance based on position/access requirements and essential job functions.