[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Provide Construction Design Integration with Design Engineering Services in support of fabrication, installation, modification, and testing of various electrical systems/commodities performed by the SRNS Construction Department.
Primary duties and responsibilities associated with this position include:
Safety is a primary responsibility in each job performed. Obtain safety training, obey safety rules. and make safety an integral part of each task. Take the necessary steps to stop work if continuing the job is unsafe or will create an unsafe condition. Serve as a member of the project team and design review board for each project from inception to closeout and ensure the highest quality, most economical, timely, and practical design and construction product possible. Coordinate construction outage schedules, cost controls, priorities, and planning with project management and plant schedulers to achieve successful project implementation. Resolve substantial quality control and quality assurance issues and recommend corrective action if necessary. Coordinate with Design Engineering for scheduling of complex design outputs and provides design with necessary input to resolve design changes and improve constructability. Promote increased productivity and safe work practices with the intent of maximizing use of resources and eliminating injuries. Foster a "team concept" when interfacing with Operations, the Department of Energy, other department and divisions and attend scheduled and unscheduled meetings, provide reports, status on construction activity and identify, address and resolve complex problems. Review and approves job plans, permits, material requisitions for capital expenditures, schedules / schedule changes and miscellaneous other documents ensuring accuracy practicality, economics and impact on other projects. Identify and act on engineering and material restraints to critical jobs through meetings, discussions, reports and verifies that proper tools are in place to clear restraints.
A 40-hour work week is scheduled. SRNS utilizes various work schedules; including 5/8s (8 hours/day; five days per week), 4/10s (10 hours/day; four days per week), and a 9/80s (9 hours/day, five days on week A and 4 days on week B). Work week excludes SRNS holidays. Each workday has a 30-minute lunch.
Bachelor’s Degree and at least 11-13 years of related experience OR
Associates Degree and at least 13-15 years of related experience OR
High School Diploma/GED and at least 15-18 years of related experience.
• Previous experience at Mox Project
• Experience with electrical systems installation/modifications in accordance
with national codes and standards (NFPA, NEC).
• Provide EARLY input into the project planning, design, procurement, and field operations to achieve the optimum Total Installed Cost (TIC) of a project through use of construction knowledge, experience, and new technologies
• Work with Engineering and Procurement to assure the incorporation of plans, constructability items and review comments into design documents, purchase orders and subcontracts before issuance to construction, vendors and subcontractors.
• Integrate delivery dates and sequencing of design, procurement, construction and start-up to minimize overall schedule critical path duration
Please submit your resume for review or contact our office for more details!
Pinnacle Specialty Group, Inc.