[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
HukariAscendent is a Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned, Small Business specializing in comprehensive engineering and technical support services associated with commercial nuclear power and Department of Energy (DOE) nuclear activities.
We are looking for an ELECTRICAL DESIGN AUTHORITY ENGINEER with the following qualifications:
Provide Design Authority Engineering staff augmentation support to SRNS.
Primary responsibilities include:
• Establishing Technical Requirements by developing System Design Descriptions (SDD) and reviewing conceptual design packages from design agencies.
• Provide agencies with technical input on design changes required during design phases.
• Planning, Walkdowns and Construction Support as requested to assure that equipment and material meet the specification requirements.
Engineering services shall be provided using SRNS processes and procedures. Programmatic guidance will be provided by SRNS.
BS Degree in Electrical Engineering or current registration as a Professional Engineer in Electrical Engineering.
• Candidate must demonstrate ten (10) years of Electrical Engineering experience (within the last 15 years) in the nuclear or chemical process industry and possess a working knowledge of NEC, IES, NFP A, IEEE, and OSHA requirements
• Proficient using 2D Computer Aided Drafting and Design (CADD) software (preferably MicroStation).
• Candidate must have experience using software (preferably ET AP) to generate electrical system calculations. Candidate must be able to walk down systems in the field.
• Substantial knowledge of Electrical power and distribution systems is required.
• Ability to walk down systems in the field and support construction non conformance issues in real time.
• Ability to obtain and maintain a DOE "Q" security clearance.
• Telephone interview to validate resume/submittal data may occur. Telephone number of the candidate required.
• Previous SRS Engineering or DOE facility experience (Preferred but not required)
Area Security Access:
• An active DOE clearance is not initially required to perform assigned duties. Candidate must have the ability to obtain and maintain a DOE “Q” security clearance.
• 36 months (No Option Periods)
HukariAscendent offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid time off.
Opportunities with HukariAscendent change frequently. For a complete listing of our current openings, please visit our website at www.hukari.com.
HukariAscendent is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.