[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
DNJP100099 - HEALTHY & SAFETY SPECIALIST - RALEIGH, NC - 12 MONTHS - 5 POSITIONS - PD AVAIL
ReNuke Services, Inc. is seeking (5) H&S Specialists at our client site in Raleigh, Charlotte, and additional travel zones. These roles can be full time or part time if desired depending upon skills.
* Knowledge of Regulatory Standard 1910.269; Electric Power Generation, Transmission, and Distribution
* Basic knowledge/understanding of Distribution lines and equipment, including primary, secondary voltages, overhead and underground construction.
* Familiar with Distribution Switching and Tagging process to achieve energy isolation, including zero energy checks and grounding schemes for personal protection.
* Familiar with electric rated PPE, arc-rated protective clothing/fall protection, and the use of insulated/liveline tools.
* Familiar with the inspection and installation of electrical protective equipment (rubber blankets, line hoses, etc.) to achieve proper cover up/Insulate and Isolate.
* Familiar with grounding of line trucks and other mobile equipment when working within the Minimum Equipment Clearance (MEC) of energized overhead primary lines/equipment.
* Familiar with process for inspecting and testing poles and structures (wood, metal, concrete).
* Familiar with Minimum Approach Distances (MAD) for Distribution Voltages in Phase-to-ground and Phase-to-phase exposure situations.
* Familiar with Enclosed Space Entry process for electric vaults and manholes.
* Familiar with the safe operation of Aerial Lifts (Bucket Trucks, Material Handlers, Achiever, and Digger Derricks).
* Familiar with Work Zone set ups for Temporary Traffic Control Zones (MUTCD and applicable state regulations for North and South Carolina).
* Direct experience with Distribution Line Work, including construction, maintenance, and storm restoration. OR
* Indirect experience with Distribution Line Work through Health and Safety support, training, or supervision/oversight.
* High School Diploma/GED.
* Degree in Health and Safety, Science, or Engineering is a plus, but not required.
* Certified Utility Safety Professional (CUSP) is a plus, but not required.
* Not environmental/H&S degrees technical knowledge/fundamental knowledge
-Prefer utility company experience
-CUSP (certified utility safety professional) - is a plus