[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Edgewater is seeking qualified candidates for a Software Developer opportunity for our customer in Aiken, SC to support the Savannah River Site.
Duration – One (1) year from the date of award with the option to extend for two (2) 6-month periods.
Clearance required – No
US citizenship required – Yes
Exempt or Non-Exempt – Exempt
Closing date – 04/14/2021
Prepares, reviews, and issues high value procurement proposals to include planning and executing all necessary transactions, identifying and resolving complex customer and supplier issues, and preparing and analyzing all necessary supporting documentation. Researches and participates in the development of complex technical specifications and requirements. Develops and maintains reliable and cost competitive sources of supply.
The purpose of the position is to provide IT support to the Business System department following all applicable site procedures. Functions including but not limited to:
• Work with users to gather requirements
• Create design documentation
• Develop applications and interfaces between systems
• Develop reports
• Write users manuals
• Create Test Plans for COTS packages
• Perform system testing according to documented test plan
• Evaluate procedures to verify they meet regulatory requirements
• Bachelor degree in computer science or equivalent field, or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Must demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills. Teamwork skills are important in the highly-matrixed project environment
• Demonstrated experience and success in all phases of the software development lifecycle including requirements definition, systems design, programming, test plan development, testing, production turnover and documentation
• Candidate must have at least 5 years of experience with:
o object-oriented programing
o SQL data manipulation
• Experience in the following is preferred but not required:
o Java Script
o Deltek Costpoint and/or Time & Expense
o Experience with Savannah River Site applications and services
A work week will be up to 40 hours based on assigned schedule. Work week excludes SRR holidays. Each work day has a 30-minute lunch.
AREA SECURITY ACCESS:
A security clearance is not required
If you are interested in being considered for this position and your resume clearly outlines your relevant experience for this position, please follow the applications steps via our website www.Edgewatertech.net/careers.
If your qualifications match our position requirements you will be contacted and provided additional details, Edgewater will not submit your resume without first having detailed discussions with you and obtaining your permission to do so.
We look forward to hearing from you!
WORKING WITH EDGEWATER
Edgewater offers the opportunity to structure benefit packages to best suit your needs. We offer multiple individual and family benefit options including paid time off, medical, dental, life, vision, and disability insurance, and a pre-tax 401 (k) retirement account with Company matching contributions and 100% vesting for eligible participants beginning DAY 1.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Edgewater is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected Veterans, or individuals with disabilities.