[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Edgewater Technical Associates LLC is seeking qualified candidates for a 3D CAD Designer opportunity for our customer in East TN.
ACTIVE DOE Q or DOD CLEARANCE REQUIRED
Job Function, Roles and Responsibilities:
• Retrieve existing facility drawings from electronic storage and retrieval system;
• Revise existing Computer-Aided Design (CAD) drawings to show facility modifications provided in engineering change documents;
• Coordinate the assignment of drawing numbers with the drawing system administrators;
• Create new CAD drawings given sketches and information from engineers/designers and from personal walkdowns performed;
• Coordinate drawing management; redline coordinator; revision management; work closely with Configuration Manager;
• Other designer/drafter duties as necessary and assigned.
• Provide technical advice and perform technical functions as directed by supervisor, line management, project engineer, or Engineering Manager
• Support achievement of line management objectives.
• Provide timely response to project and functional requests, as required.
• Retain and exercise responsibility and accountability to functional management for technical implementation of their function within the integrated project team.
• Interface with functional management on work standards and requirements, lessons learned, work process initiatives, and technical issue resolution.
• Implement company-wide procedures/programs/systems from respective functional area within the integrated project team.
• Identify engineering and technology needs required to reduce the risk and uncertainty associated with program or individual projects.
• Ensure that engineering activities and engineered items comply with applicable federal and state regulatory requirements (e.g., DOE, Environmental Protection Agency, and Tennessee), and apply appropriate industry standards and codes.
• Provide for safety in engineering activities and resulting designs, plans and instructions, via appropriate engineering safety management programs.
• Ensure that appropriate requirements flow to project implementing plans, procedures, instructions, and subcontractor documents.
• Provide occasional technical support to other projects and functional group.
• 3-5 years' experience with Computer-Aided Design/Drafting (CAD) utilizing Solidworks;
• Active "Q" clearance.
• Ability to perform walkdowns and hand-draw redlines on existing hardcopy drawing prints;
• Basic knowledge of both mechanical and electrical drawing symbols and conventions;
• Ability to track, store and retrieve large drawing sets for multiple facilities;
• Detail oriented;
• Highly organized in record keeping and file management;
• Hazwoper and radiological training preferred; and
Education: BS Degree in Engineering/High School Diploma
If your qualifications match our position requirements you will be contacted and provided additional details. Edgewater will not submit your resume without first having detailed discussions with you and obtaining your permission to do so.
We look forward to hearing from you!
WORKING WITH EDGEWATER
Edgewater offers the opportunity to structure benefit packages to best suit your needs. We offer multiple individual and family benefit options including paid time off, medical, dental, life, vision, and disability insurance, and a pre-tax 401(k) retirement account with Company matching contributions and 100% vesting for eligible participants beginning on DAY 1.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Edgewater is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected Veterans, or individuals with disabilities.
View all Edgewater opportunities at www.edgewatertech.net/careers