[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
OLH Inc., an Atlanta-based firm, was founded in 1993 to offer general consulting services in the areas of Project and Construction Management and Staff Augmentation. A female and minority owned firm, OLH Inc. (OLH) is a certified Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) in states throughout the Southeast and is a certified Small Business Administration (SBA) Economically Disadvantaged Woman-owned Small Business. Other offices are in Augusta, Georgia, Columbia, South Carolina and Huntsville, Alabama. OLH offers professional services including Project and Construction Management, Program Management, Software Development, and Staff Augmentation to federal, state, and local government agencies.
Great opportunity to join a talented team with an outstanding company that values their employees and their career! OLH offers competitive salaries, benefit packages, holidays, and paid time off.
Computer Programming with the DIII-D Fusion Project at General Atomics (San Diego, CA)
Work with the DIII-D Real Time Systems
Code and test programming for in-house software programs
Debug code for existing programs based on immediate needs
Document program codes for users and staff
Conduct end-user training upon completion of software when needed
Balance workday between multiple projects and respond immediately to tech support requests from staff during machine operations (typically 12-18 weeks per year)
Collaborate with the team in development, deployment, integration, testing, and maintenance of the scientific algorithms and surrounding infrastructure making up the Plasma Control System (PCS)
Troubleshoot system bugs and issues
This assignment also involves working with hardware and low-level driver
Education and Experience
BS in Computer Engineering with minimum 3 years experience
* 1-2 years’ experience python scripts
* 1-3 years’ experience interfacing MATLAB with C
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Fluency in C, C++, and Fortran. Helpful to have experience with latest language standards
* Knowledge of the CentOS and GNU/Linux
* Fundamental understanding of build systems using plain GNU Make (not auto tools or CMake), including compilers (both GCC and Intel)
* A detailed demonstration of software development quality (provide either public FOSS contributions or a private portfolio) project quality standards
* Ability to work with others and contribute to a larger team effort across several time zones as needed.
* Experience in working with legacy codes in debugging and modifying large and complex applications.
* Experience with IDL and the ability to create graphical widgets
* FPGA and/or GPU programming
* Familiarity with Google G Suite environment
* Experience with NoMachine as a daily use platform
* Knowledge and use of RedHawk and NightStar
Ability to stand for long periods of time (when necessary) Will frequently sit at a computer for extended periods of time.
Expected travel for conferences: 1-2 weeks per year Normal working hours, but flexibility to accommodate lab test times or off-site collaboration (expected during the 2nd and 3rd years)
Some nights, weekends may be required when needed. Work on site at General Atomics
If you are a U.S. citizen, and your resume and experience meet the job description and requirements, please apply online. Upon review of your resume, we will contact you if additional information is needed.
If you have any questions, please email, or call us at the number listed below. Please reference the job title in the subject line of your email.
Direct Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: OLH will not accept resumes from third-party recruiters/staffing agencies. OLH will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.