[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Nuclear Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
The Wind Farm Technician will diagnose, troubleshoot, repair, and test problems involving wind turbine generators or control systems. Wind Farm Technician will perform routine maintenance on wind turbine equipment and systems and equipment related to the wind turbines.
- Diagnose problems involving wind turbine generators or control systems.
- Climb wind turbine towers to inspect, maintain, or repair equipment.
- Test electrical components of wind systems with devices such as voltage testers, multimeters, oscilloscopes, infrared testers, or fiber optic equipment.
- Start or restart wind turbine generator systems to ensure proper operations.
- Troubleshoot or repair mechanical, hydraulic, or electrical malfunctions related to variable pitch systems, variable speed control systems, converter systems, or related components.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Maintain tool and spare parts inventories required for repair, installation, or replacement services.
- Perform routine maintenance on wind turbine equipment, underground transmission systems, wind fields substations, or fiber optic sensing and control systems.
- Test structures, controls, or mechanical, hydraulic, or electrical systems, according to test plans or in coordination with engineers.
- Collect turbine data for testing or research and analysis.
- Inspect or repair fiberglass turbine blades.
- Train end-users, distributors, installers, or other technicians in wind commissioning, testing, or other technical procedures.
- Operate manufacturing equipment to fabricate wind turbines.
- Assist in assembly of individual wind generators or construction of wind farms.
- Repair green energy equipment or systems.
- Climb equipment or structures to access work areas.
- Test electrical circuits or components for proper functioning.
- Troubleshoot equipment or systems operation problems.
- Maintain work equipment or machinery.
- Test electrical equipment or systems to ensure proper functioning.
- Test mechanical systems to ensure proper functioning.
- Measure equipment outputs.
- Inspect mechanical equipment to locate damage, defects, or wear.
- Fabricate parts or components.
- Assemble structural components.
- Mechanical -- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Production and Processing -- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Customer and Personal Service -- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Engineering and Technology -- Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services.
- Near Vision - The ability to see details at close range (within a few feet of the observer).
- Oral Expression - The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- Written Comprehension - The ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
- Written Expression - The ability to communicate information and ideas in writing so others will understand.
- English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for long periods of time; talk or hear; perform fine motor, hand and finger skills in the use of a keyboard, telephone, or writing. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and reach with arms and/or hands. Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. The employee will spend their time in an office environment as well as an industrial environment observing employees, their progress with assigned work, and interfacing with both employees and client employees with a moderate to high noise level. The employee is required to don the appropriate personal protective equipment while traversing an industrial environment requiring various degrees of protection.
- Visual Acuity, balancing, stooping, reaching, walking, manual dexterity, grasping, feeling, hearing, talking
- Capacity to think, concentrate and focus for long periods of time
- Ability to read complex documents in the English language
- Capacity to reason and make sound decisions
- Ability to write complex documents in the English language
- Capacity to express thoughts orally
- Ability to think strategically and develop plans for growth
- Ability to use a computer for long periods of time
- Ability to walk job site
- Ability to climb equipment or structures to access work areas.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
An ideal candidate will have a high school diploma, training from a vocational school, or equivalent prior experience. Must have excellent communication skills, both written and oral. Must follow all safety rules and regulations for safe operations and follow safe work practices. Proven ability to demonstrate a high level of ethical behavior, integrity and trust. Knowledge of BHI Energy processes and procedures and utilization of developed tools to most effectively manage work is essential. Must actively demonstrate the BHI company values and support the BHI Ethics and Standards. Must have the ability to obtain and maintain a working knowledge of BHI and client technical manuals and procedures; to pass BHI and client specific training and qualifications as required; subject to personnel call out as required in support of nuclear station emergent work requirements; to work overtime, to include shift work, weekends, and holidays as needed; and be able to pass all background and screening requirements for the position, to include drug and/or alcohol screening.